Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

21 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Which was ruined by ROH Female talent Kelly Klein, they should have just scrapped that and put Kagetsu, Hazuki and Hana Kimura on the main card

Mandy Leon, Velvet Sky and Angelina Love are and will always be shite, Mayu Iwatani kinda legitimised the WOH belt, defending it in Stardom on a couple of occasions now it’s bollocks again considering they only have about 5 women on the roster.  If ROH think The Beautiful People will give the Belt integrity Delirious truly is his names sake, 

Enzo and Cass???

I like a Rumble but the ROH blokes proper stank it up, the 6 man street fight was beyond shit and I decided to not bother with the ladder match although I did see Jay Lethal nearly kill a fan when a ladder went flying into the front row.

Like someone else mentioned ROH feels like Impact now.

I've since read that Enzo and Cass incident might be a work. I really hope that's not true - neither belong in ROH

21 hours ago, rollthedice said:

Genuine question, did they sell out MSG because, at the time, BTE were still heavily involved with the company or was it common knowledge that they wouldnt be there and they sold out regardless?

The show sold out whilst The Elite were with ROH, but as far as I can remember they were never explicitly advertised for the show. It was selling out with or without them though.

• Paid Members
On 4/9/2019 at 7:24 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Tama Agrees

i watched some clips of the Cass/Enzo thing and theres a ringside mobile video where it shows Tama leaving up the ramp after the run-in, he turns and shouts to either Cass or Enzo "wrong match!", then walks off looking frustrated, guess that ties into the video above? 

anyone heard anything else about that though.

• Paid Members
On 4/7/2019 at 5:51 PM, MPDTT said:

Phenomenal show. Loved it from start to finish. Most fun I've had watching a PPV since All In. I've seen some reviews criticising the ROH portion of the booking, but I thought it was top to bottom awesome, except for the women's match.

Next up for me is Double or Nothing. I fly out on May 21st to Vegas.

Never change MPDTT, you daft ROH apologist. ROH had their biggest ever opportunity to make a HUGE impression, gain some much-need traction and prove their doubters wrong, but they fucked it, massively and royally. You couldn't even be arsed to defend it, it was that bad.

And I'm not going to mention the pre-show Rambo that had Ishii, Suzuki, Liger and Muta mucking around with Kenny King, The Kingdom, Rhett Titus and the fucking Beer City Bruiser, as well as the rest of ROH's bland undercard. What an embarrassment.

Not even John Pollock, who always tries his best to be impartial and fair, could muster the enthusiasm to properly defend the ROH side. 

So it's a show of two halves; New Japan nailed it. They had matches that ranged from good (Jay White vs Okada) to great (Ibushi vs Naito) to downright fantastic (Dragon Lee vs Ishiimori vs Bandido). Ospreay vs Cobb was a hot opener that should've set the tone for the rest of the show, but ROH followed up that firey start with their own dirge. 

The women's match; a disaster.

The Bully Ray angle (including the shit with the rapper and the awful, awful post-match); a mess. The actual match is something that would be up my street but was built up and delivered so incredibly poorly that I couldn't give a toss about it.

The ladder match; an overly long slog that failed to deliver either a) A story based ladder match or B) a wild spot fest. I fucking LOVE ladder matches (I cannot stress that enough), and I find it really easy to focus on their positives, but this managed to get a fail on all fronts.  

The four way tag; good until the insanely hair-brained idea of having Enzo and Cass run in afterwards. What should've been a brilliant moment for PCO, whose storied journey back to the top could be the subject of a documentary series, was drowned out by ENZO AND CASS. FUCKING ENZO AND CASS. 

ROH went out with the specific agenda of appealing to a market who have no interest in ROH, and will only pass off these antics as desperate pandering. Any fans they gained from that show will be offset by the huge numbers who will continue to ignore ROH or stop watching all together.

Despite New Japan's involvement, I'd still consider this as a Worst Show Of The Year contender, just due to ROH's involvement. What a catastrophe.