Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Canelo is far from unbeatable. I thought he lost both fights against GGG, had him behind Kovalev and Khan before he knocked them out, and only just scored the Jacobs fight in his favour.

Will BJS beat him? Probably not. He would have to be at his very best, something that he's rarely been throughout his career. Saunders wasn't even aware of the benefits of drinking water until a few years ago. But if he does perform to the best of his ability on fight night then I wouldn't be overly surprised if he gave Canelo a real run for his money. 

Excellent interview from IFL that Kugan put up a few days ago with John McDermott covering all things Fury and, of course, that controversial first fight when the vast majority of people felt McDermott was robbed of a win.

McDermott looks younger now than he did when he was boxing! Comes across really well in my opinion; decent humble bloke and maybe if he was 5+ years down the line and around in this time period he could have made some serious ÂŁÂŁÂŁ as he was a very decent fighter.

Interestingly enough, i did some reading up on the first match and one thing i never knew - just to fuel the conspiracy theories - is that Terry O' Connor (who refereed the first fight) was apparently knocked out during his own boxing career many moons ago by none other than McDermott's old man.

Had to do a double take skimming through youtube as i thought it was Mark 'Beast' Labbatt from the Chase at first..

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin
typo

• Paid Members

Wasn’t blown away by Usyk’s Heavyweight debut but to be fair, it was a late switch in opponent. Can’t see Chisora doing too well in this one. He’s probably tough enough to see the final bell but is that good news? He’s going to eat a lot of punches. He’s pulled knockouts out the bag a few times but Usyk isn’t Takam or Szpilka. 

12 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Wasn’t blown away by Usyk’s Heavyweight debut but to be fair, it was a late switch in opponent.

I thought he looked pretty good. Usyk has never been one to come out all guns ablazing. He usually eases his way into a fight. Once he turned up the volume, he was able to hurt Witherspoon and get the stoppage in round 7. Obviously, his performance didn't tell us that much given the standard of opponent, but it was fine for a heavyweight debut (imo)

I'm a huge fan of both Usyk and Del Boy. So I will be neutral for this one.