Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Went to see an evening with Floyd Mayweather type thing this evening and Michelle Joy Phelps said it was happening.

The show itself was alright, the setting was shit though, would have been so much better in a theatre. Floyd's talk was brief, did about 30mins, followed by a Q&A. About 45mins in all which was abit short but enjoyable whilst it lasted, stock answer type stuff too which is to be expected. The evenings basically an expensive photo opp. though, i didnt pay for one (between £125-£325 for a photo) and there were literally hundreds lining up. High bellend ratio in the room too which seems to be the going thing at boxing themed events.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Looks like it’s happening.

A592C0F3-99B7-404F-A7B9-37198CFD4B26.jpeg

Saunders problem is he can't win this fight. He has to knock Canelo out because he won't get a points decision, and nothing so far has shown that he has that power. Add in the fact that Canelo has a granite jaw. Saunders is going down. 

43 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Went to see an evening with Floyd Mayweather type thing this evening and Michelle Joy Phelps said it was happening.

The show itself was alright, the setting was shit though, would have been so much better in a theatre. Floyd's talk was brief, did about 30mins, followed by a Q&A. About 45mins in all which was abit short but enjoyable whilst it lasted, stock answer type stuff too which is to be expected. The evenings basically an expensive photo opp. though, i didnt pay for one (between £125-£325 for a photo) and there were literally hundreds lining up. High bellend ratio in the room too which seems to be the going thing at boxing themed events.

He’s been out on the hubbly-bubbly as well

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Saunders problem is he can't win this fight. He has to knock Canelo out because he won't get a points decision, and nothing so far has shown that he has that power. Add in the fact that Canelo has a granite jaw. Saunders is going down. 

8A7B0B16-3EEE-41A8-8BB5-0DB69B32292B.gif

9 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Yeah, there's no way Saunders gets a decision win over Canelo in Vegas. No one ever does. 

I do think there's a bit of a whiff of Wilder wanting Fury in their first fight. No doubt Canelo's team are looking at Saunders as an easy touch considering he's been away from the ring and only had a few comeback fights. 

What I'd like to see Saunders do is box very well, look great, and get something of a moral victory that will propel him back to the top of the game. If he can go the distance and get blatantly robbed that would be a huge victory in my book.