Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

19 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

The Saunders fight will happen eventually, if the world doesn’t end. And given his track record, he’d have probably ended up pulling out a week before the fight anyway. 

Isn't it the case that Canelo said he'd fight Saunders first though?

• Paid Members

I don’t know. Don’t really care. Couldn’t give a shit about Saunders. Plus Canelo says a lot of things. Like he tested positive for PEDs because he ate dodgy steak. They’re both pricks. I hope GGG chins him this time. 

I think the concern is that Canelo will bypass the Saunders fight altogether. GGG might do something similar with his mandatory challenger - Kamil Szeremeta - who he is rumoured to be fighting in early June. 

If both fights are postponed, which they probably will be, then there is only a small window for them to be rescheduled before they start treading on the toes of the proposed September clash between Canelo and GGG.

From Talksport:

However reports suggest that if the current circumstances extend to prevent this (Canelo vs BJS) from happening in June, then he (Canelo) could just skip the bout and go straight to GGG in September.

That Naz v Kelly fight was something else! 

How do fans on here think about a fight like this & most of Nigel Benn's fights, when tactics go out the window & it's just a shoot out, were the biggest bomb wins?

This was a VERY exciting, short fight (6 knock downs in 4 rounds) but are the fighters brave or stupid? I think i prefer a more tactical fight with the bombs coming when they arise, rather than both fighters looking for & forcing opportunities :)

I remember staying up watching that Hamed vs Kelly fight with friends. We all thought Naz was unbeatable, then Kelly started putting him on his arse.

Mountevans I loved Benn, he was a brawler with nasty power who could take a real beating and would often rally back to find the win when all seemed lost. Its a style that can lead to ridiculous highs like when he mugged Iran Barkley in one round in Vegas or the McClellan war. It can also lead to getting totally schooled if things go wrong like the Watson and 1st Eubank fight. Its effective if you have the right tools but you won't have a long career with the amount of damage you will take. Personally I love heavy handed brawlers like him who mix it up. Especially when they are world class like Benn or Bobby Chacon. At that level they don't come around that often.