Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

I dislike Joe Gallagher to the point where I cannot support any boxer he trains. He makes BJS and Wilder seem likeable in comparison. 

Come on Jono!

Steady on. 

• Paid Members

More than anything, the whole homeless-baiting thing was what set him apart as an utter shit; not quite a 10 on the Gerald McClellan scale of sheer cuntery, maybe an 8.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, I'm not interested in going for a pint with him or taking him to Nando's. I like him as a fighter. He's interesting to watch.

Nobody said anything about not watching him, we were talking about not rooting for him. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, David said:

If he gets the nod to face Canelo I'll absolutely be rooting for BJS. 

Why, what's Canelo done?

Just now, Carbomb said:

Why, what's Canelo done?

Nothing. I'm just always going to root for the fighter who's from the UK in most cases, especially if I like his fighting style. Plus it would open up a whole host of new fights that would hopefully involve some taking place over here.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Why, what's Canelo done?

Apart from the failed drug test for steroids. Obviously I'm not saying he took them on purpose. Those cattle farmers in Mexico love him so much they inject the beef he is going to eat with steroids to help him out of love for him. Obviously it's not his fault he just gets a 6 month ban. I mean they could ban him for longer but a Canelo fight in Vegas is worth around 400 million dollars for the economy, so why would they. 

So Canelo is just as scummy as BJS just in different ways. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Apart from the failed drug test for steroids. Obviously I'm not saying he took them on purpose. Those cattle farmers in Mexico love him so much they inject the beef he is going to eat with steroids to help him out of love for him. Obviously it's not his fault he just gets a 6 month ban. I mean they could ban him for longer but a Canelo fight in Vegas is worth around 400 million dollars for the economy, so why would they. 

So Canelo is just as scummy as BJS just in different ways. 

Ah, fair enough.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

BJS hasn't made the most of his talent up until now. 

Yep, there's still a question around how good he actually is. When he's on, he's looked like a world beater but there's so many bad displays mixed in that its hard to tell. He does seem to raise game based off the opposition though. I really wanna see the fight.

As well as the Quigg/Carroll event this weekend, this little shindig is happening:

maxresdefault.jpg

its live on Boxnation, then repeated on Free Sports next Wednesday.

Two good heavyweight fights on the card. Kownacki is the cult hero dark horse of the division, rumor is he'll fight Andy Ruiz if he gets through this, that'll be a fun, pudgefest.

The other heavyweight is Efe Ajagba vs. Razvan Cojanu. Ajagba is a huge punching prospect and Cojanu is a game as fuck borderline journeyman who always has a go. Should be a fun one.

1 hour ago, David said:

Nothing. I'm just always going to root for the fighter who's from the UK in most cases, especially if I like his fighting style. Plus it would open up a whole host of new fights that would hopefully involve some taking place over here.

Do you support all British football teams in European competitions as well?