Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Thisā€™ll be up your street @Egg Shen...Teddy Atlas story about the Mike Tyson vs Larry Holmes fight in 1988;Ā 

Also, Michael Moorer popped up from the wilderness for an interview with IFL;

Needs to shave that beard off. Adds at least a decade onto him.Ā I thought Kugan must be getting soĀ desperate for content heā€™d had toĀ resortĀ to getting his old man on SkypeĀ from Sri Lanka when I saw the thumbnail. Decent interview though.Ā 

• Paid Members

when i saw that thumbnail on my phone on youtube i genuinely thought it was Bernard Hopkins šŸ˜„

Sky Sports have continued to upload their Ringside specials to youtube. The Sugar Ray Leonard one is the latest to go up. All worth a watch.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:19 PM, Egg Shen said:

highlights and old fights are the way to go, the lack of news and everyone clutching at any kind of newsworthy story is getting abit boring now šŸ˜”

Tell me about it! On BBC Boxing, they had a piece with Carl Froch still calling out Joe Calzaghe. Froch was giving him shit, saying he looks a mess and hopefully all of this will rile him up and get Calzaghe to come out of retirement. Froch just being nasty and bitter because he never got the Calzaghe fight.

Then there was another one with Amir Khan saying he's not retiring & calling out Manny Pacquaio for a title fight, like he has been for the past 10 years. And he said the reason Kell Brook hates him so much is because Khan use to beat him up so much in the amateurs. Something he's failed to mention in the past 5 years or so of all the shit flying between them so probably not true.

11 minutes ago, Rossman said:

. And he said the reason Kell Brook hates him so much is because Khan use to beat him up so much in the amateurs. Something he's failed to mention in the past 5 years or so of all the shit flying between them so probably not true.

Khan said something similarĀ on Ringside years ago.Ā Brook denied it.Ā 

Froch is a bit of a bore these days.Ā 

Froch is awful when discussing active guys around his weight class. His bitterness drips through every commentary or statement. He is even worse talking about Calzaghe or Andre Ward.Ā 

Ā 

You can see why Calzaghe took the Hopkins and RJJ fights not Froch at the end of his career. I still think he had enough in the tank to beat Froch at that point but Froch would have probably lost a decision and still be moaning about it now. So not much would have changed either way.

• Paid Members

The shit news continues...

The latest is Mike Tyson is in training for a few exhibition boutsšŸ˜…

The other 'news' that everyone reported and made a reaction video too was Deontay Wilder claiming he didnt see Tyson Fury as the champion and he didnt see then 2nd fight as a loss.Ā Ive listened to the actual interview and the way he says it doesnt really justify the reaction it got, I thought Wilder came off well in the interview if anything, everyone latched onto it to bash him though. One thing i did take from it was Wilder made no mention of the 40lb costume, he said there were issues he may talk about one day but didnt want to make it sound like he was making excuses. It was said in a weird way considering he'd apparently dropped the biggest excuse imaginable post-fight. It got me thinking if he did actually madeĀ the costume excuse or if it was something the internet drummed up or had taken out of context, but i saw ESPN reported it quoted him so he must have.

As for Carl Froch. You have to take what he says with a pinch of salt, he's clearly trolling the fans alot of the timeĀ and is a massive wind up merchant. If you read his quotes they sound arrogant but if you actually hear him say things its always with a little wink to the camera. His podcast is excellent too if you havent listened to it, tells some great stories.Ā Ā 

Edited by Egg Shen

On 4/27/2020 at 3:37 AM, Egg Shen said:

The other 'news' that everyone reported and made a reaction video too was Deontay Wilder claiming he didnt see Tyson Fury as the champion and he didnt see then 2nd fight as a loss.Ā Ive listened to the actual interview and the way he says it doesnt really justify the reaction it got, I thought Wilder came off well in the interview if anything, everyone latched onto it to bash him though.

That makes you and Wilder's mum. Everyone else is hammering him for his comments, and rightly so.

On 4/28/2020 at 4:04 PM, Egg Shen said:

have you actually listened to it?

Of course I have, along with most of the boxing industry.

He comes off as a pathetic chump who can't accept that he lost the fight. I know you've desperately wanted Fury to crash and burn since his comeback, but don't let it colour your view of what is a ridiculous load of comments from Wilder.

The dude needs to shut up, train, and hope he doesn't get his arse handed to him again in the rematch.

• Paid Members

He acknowledged several times in the same interview that he lost and accepted it and that he had a bad night. He simply said that he doesn't see Fury as the champ as they still have one fight to go, basically unfinished business, he clearly didn't mean it literally.Ā Outside of that he was fairly humble and talked about wanting to prove himself by correcting things and coming back stronger. Genuinely dont understand the outrage, other than there being fuck all else to talk about.

The other point i made was regarding the outfit thing. In the interview he says things went went wrong prior to the walkout and that one day he might explain what those things were (similar to AJ post-Ruiz) but it was said like someone who hadn't already made the heavy outfit excuse, so thats what made me question whether or not he'd actually said that in the first place. IĀ found out ESPN reported initially so its likely true. It's shame that the interviewer didn't press him on it, he just let it go.

Also, i think its the first interview Wilder has done since the fight or maybe the day after. It isnt like hes thrown his toys out of the pram and isĀ firing out excuses to anyone who will listen. Just dont understand the backlash at all.

And why would i want Fury to crash and burn? im a fan of the guy.

Edited by Egg Shen