Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

who knows!?

im seeing alot about Fury vs. Big Baby Miller next which will just be a mental fight to make at this point, the backlash to that would be brutal.

Fury to fight September/October time and then fight Wilder in February. 

• Paid Members

you can get 10/1 on a Gorman/Jennings double for tomorrow night, not a bad shout.

Jennings/Joyce is as interesting as the main event for me. They have to be hoping that Joyce is catching Jennings on the slide because thats a big step up, he was competitive against Oscar Rivas in his last fight before getting stopped in the 12th round. Joyce continues to be a bit of an anomaly, i just cant get my head around his style. 

Interesting that it seems Frank Warren didnt really wanna make either fight happen according to a recent IFL interview, feels like they (managers/fighters/tv?) forced his hand.

• Paid Members
On 7/7/2019 at 3:19 PM, jimufctna24 said:

Khan's fight in Jedah will be shown live on Channel 5 on Friday night. Coverage begins at 9pm. 

Just a reminder that this is tonight with Khan vs Dib and Hughie Fury vs Sam Peter. 

And there’s a Tyson Fury documentary on straight after. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

That’s the problem with Yarde. Nobody knows how good he is because he’s never fought anyone of note. From what I’ve seen I’d definitely favour Kovalev though. He’s lost a few steps but this is still a big step up for Yarde. I haven’t seen anything from Yarde that’s blown me away, even against lower level opposition. If he gets by Kovalev I think Buatsi eventually ends the hype good and proper.

Kovalev although has lost a step is still a very underated boxer, people just think of him as a powerhouse, his last fight, was it against Alvarez? He boxed very well. Different trainer now as well with Buddy Mggirt will hold him in good sted. 

Unless Yarde has got some underated power or boxing skills i am yet to see, i would fancy a Kovalev points win. 

Warren wouldnt let Yarde near Buatsi. No way! If Yarde did win it would be back to defending against unknown fighters like Warren tends to do....Terry Flanagan is a classic example of how Warren books his WBO champs

Tony Yoka is back in action tonight against Alexander Dimitrenko. Yoka has been banned for one year for missing 3 drug tests in a row. He won gold at the Olympics in 2016 beating Joe Joyce in the finals. This is only his sixth fight and looks to being fast-tracked to getting ranked.

• Paid Members

Joe Joyce continues to baffle everyone. He beat Jennings comfortably on the cards but he looked terrible, slow, plodding, too easy to hit, showboating at weird times. It was just a weird performance in a weird fight. The backlash on twitter was brutal with most think Jennings deserved better on the cards as he was tidier fighter and landed the better shots all night. Joyce just stayed in front of him pushing out them weird punches he throws. Barry Jones summed it up on commentary saying it looked like "Joyce punches like he's under water". The crowd didnt like it, i scratched my head all fight and you have to wonder where Joyce goes next because he has little to no fan fair and nobodys gonna wanna fight him because hes an absolute nightmare.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, it was an odd fight. Franky Shoulder Roll was on about Dubois vs Joyce at the end but I’m not sure that’s the move. It makes sense in a way but there’s every chance Joyce makes it a stinker and that’s the last thing Dubois needs coming off tonight. Dubois had his best all-round showing to date for me, just won a title and took a fellow undefeated British fighter’s O. He might well KO Joyce but I see that fight being an awkward, teeth pulling plodfest that could stifle the bit of momentum Triple D gained tonight.