Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

2 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

I hate Warrington, he comes across so unlikeable, but he’s going to have to much for Gallahad isnt he.

I don't have much time for Gallahad either. It was him who apparently filmed BJS abusing that drug addict last year.

But aye, Warrington comes across as a right prick. I hope Gallahad beats him. Warren has been extra smug since Joshua got beat as well. It would be nice to see him knocked down a peg. Warren is at his best when he's miserable. 

It's an odd one because really Galahad is the natural heel in the story, bad drug ban along with the BJS stuff, but Warrington is coming off like a bellend in the buildup (despite being justified in what he hes saying) so its making me sway the other way. I think it'll be a nasty one though, Space Raider by decision.

Read online the other day that Furt/Schwarz had sold a 1,000 tickets in an 18,000 seat venue, not sure if theres any truth to that but it aint a good look, Tyson needs to go in an do a job on Schwarz, a plodding 12 rounder isnt gonna do him any favours in warming himself further to the American public. Fury did his usual schtick at the weigh-in/press conferences, its all good natured and a bit silly but i dont think it entices people to want to tune in because he treats the whole thing like a joke.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Space Raider by decision.

30-B0-A6-CF-355-A-4768-9-B4-E-97-A47-FBA

😂

I’d somehow never heard the Space Raider comparison before but it seems it’s a thing, with Warrington even referring to it himself on twitter. 

It’s a heel vs heel fight, this. Can’t stand either. Probably be decent enough to watch but I can’t say I’ll be happy to see either man win. I think I’d rather see Warrington lose though. 

Fury could do with a strong performance tonight, like everyone’s said. As long as he wins though, it seems like that Wilder rematch is coming. 

maybe people got the quote wrong and ran with it? always forms of promotional sabotage going on at these things😄

The Apollo Creed entrance, that head movement on the ropes, a 2nd round finish. It was a brilliant night for Fury on the road to Wilder.

Fury looks so sharp right now. I hope he makes a fool of Wilder.

Yeah, that was just about perfect. Predictably I’m seeing a lot of ‘well Schwarz was a bum’ but whether that’s the case or not, if he was a bum then Tyson did what he was supposed to do and beat him with ease. 

The Tyson Creed entrance was class. For anyone who didn’t see it; 

11 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, that was just about perfect. Predictably I’m seeing a lot of ‘well Schwarz was a bum’ but whether that’s the case or not, if he was a bum then Tyson did what he was supposed to do and beat him with ease.

After the Joshua fight I hoped this sort of talk would be hushed a little. Schwarz was number 2 in the WBO rankings, so he's not a complete can at all. He just isn't close to Tyson Fury's skill level, which was very clearly on show. I suppose it points to how dominant Fury was that people are completely discrediting the abilities of Schwartz.

The shot backstage of his custom made stool absolutely got me howling. Then he didn’t even sit on it!!!

How long has Hatton been in his corner for?

Hatton was in the corner for the Wilder fight, along with Freddie Roach and Ben Davis. Not sure if he’d cornered him before that. 

Anyone see the Crusierweight semi's for the WBSS? Krzysztof Glowacki vs. Mairis Briedis. It all kicked off in the 2nd round. Both were being a bit dirty and the referee had already warned them once. In another clinch, Glowacki threw a punch that caught Briedis on the back of the head. Briedis retaliated by elbowing Glowacki square in the face knocking him down. Referee, Robert Byrd wasn't having any of it and ordered Glowacki back to his feet. The fight continued and shortly after, Glowacki was still clearly hurt and went down from a Briedis onslaught. The round was about to end and the bell was ringing but the referee didn't stop the round, Briedis kept coming forward hammering Glowacki and he went down again. Finally the round was over, Glowacki's corner were incensed about the extra time. Round 3 started with a Briedis flurry, Glowacki went down and was all over the shop, referee had to stop the fight, declaring Briedis the winner.

Brieids has now admitted to elbowing on purpose.  "I think the referee didn't do nothing (about the punch to the back of the head), then I did a little bit of a dirty punch but I'm sorry for how I responded, it's my old Muay Thai style,"

Was there any point to having another World Boxing Super Series in the Crusierweight Division so soon? Usyk beat everyone in their own hometown's last year to win the tournament decisively. The other finalist Murat Gassiev has also moved up to heavyweight. Seem's more like a way for the Sauerlands to line their pocked with a who's best out of the rest tournament.

If you haven't seen the Super Series Cruiserweight semi finals from last night you need too. The first one is a good fight, the second one is an unbelievable farce. How Breidis wasn't disqualified I don't know.