Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Pacquiao’s Team say no such deal has been signed.

Now that's a surprise lol, I won't believe it until I see it officially announced as don't trust a word that comes out of Amir Khan's mouth

Edited by Gooner

16 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Told everyone it would never happen and he needed to give up on it!

And you were told you were wrong, which you are. 

Why the fuck would Khan "give up on it" when there's a chance that not only could it happen, but that he'd be making a shitload of Saudi money in the process? 

It's obvious from Pacquiao's statement that he's waiting to see how his own fight plays out before committing. If he beats Thurman he'll see what's on the table before deciding, and if he loses he has the Khan fight waiting for him.

But from Khan's perspective he's playing it exactly as he should. He's got the deal ready and waiting depending on Manny's fight against Thurman, but there's a good chance it could happen. Only a complete fucking moron would give up on anything when there's the kind of money involved that the Saudi's are no doubt offering.

• Paid Members

Well, Pacquiao soundly beat Keith Thurman. Mental that at 40 and 4 years after losing to Mayweather, Pacman is still beating legit World Champions. The guy is a legend. The split decision score card was a bit of a joke though, I had Pacquiao winning the fight 116-111. 

Pacquiao/Khan is Saudi may be next but it'd be hard to see Pacman try to line up some kind of unification fight up with the winner of Spence/Porter at this point 

Pacquio i imagine will fight Spence next. Khan will be still be waiting till he’s 60 for that fight. He really does needto give up chasing it 🤪.

Great performance from Pacman though. A top performance from big Dave Price as well, finally used his jab. Whyte and Delboy looked decent to. Would fancy Delboy over Parker. 

• Paid Members

That Chisora vs Szpilka KO was a bad one. There’s been a few knockouts in both Boxing and MMA this year where I honestly thought someone died. Szpilka looked like he’d left us for a minute last night. Hopefully he’s alright now. 

I was happy to see Pricey win comfortably. I’m not sure how much of him looking good was him looking good though, or down to Allen’s limitations. For what it’s worth, and it probably won’t stick, Allen seems like he might be calling it a career as well...

DB062F06-B73D-43A6-830A-A0F3942BFAAD.png

Allen has always been one of those characters where he knew his own limitations, never expected to be a world champ, and was just riding he crest of a wave.

I hope he earnt good cash.

My favourite journeyman Ibrar Riyaz was on the undercard. 6-165-4 now. What a record.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

That Chisora vs Szpilka KO was a bad one. There’s been a few knockouts in both Boxing and MMA this year where I honestly thought someone died. Szpilka looked like he’d left us for a minute last night. Hopefully he’s alright now. 

He was gone from the moment the 1st big punch landed in round 2. He was still stood up but he wasn't there. Every punch from that point was a free shot. I hope he is ok. 

I had Pac winning by 2 points (115-113). I gave him rounds 1 (10-8 with the knockdown) 2, 4, 5, 10 and 12. I gave Thurman rounds 6-9, and round 11. I scored round 3 even. Overall, it was a really good fight. I enjoyed Whyte vs Rivas as well. I scored that one 116-111. 

Elsewhere, Chisora is claiming that Dave Allen was in a bar at 2:30am in the night before the fight. 

I'm sure one of the commentators mentioned it, but could you imagine what kind of fighter Price would be if he had even a halfway decent chin?

Also, did anyone watch the DAZN coverage? What a pile of shite their presentation is.

• Paid Members

It's not just having a chin with Price, it's his overall conditioning. That was the best he has looked condition wise, but they fought at no pace and he was under no pressure, he was still blowing after 6 rounds. 

You would feel he would still get found out at a higher than British level but the problem is the likes of Dubois and Gorman are in Fish Eyes camp. I'm also pretty sure that Price v Joyce would be the most horrible fight to watch this decade. 

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It's not just having a chin with Price, it's his overall conditioning.

In a weird way I think it's his lack of a chin that messes with his conditioning. He clearly fights nervous due to knowing he could get cracked at any time, which isn't ideal as it burns up energy. Once he realised that Allen really had nothing to trouble him he seemed to calm down and relax a bit, allowing him to box more naturally.

• Paid Members

Watched this earlier. Mickey Ward on the Teddy Atlas podcast; 

Really good. Teddy’s podcast has been a real treat and a highlight of my Boxing viewing/listening lately. This one especially as Ward always comes across as such a nice and down to earth guy. It’s timely as well with it being the 10 year anniversary of Arturo Gatti’s death earlier this month. They obviously talk a lot about the trilogy with Gatti and their friendship coming out of it. But they cover a lot of stuff here about his less famous wars with Emanuel Augustus and Reggie Green, his childhood etc. Well worth your time. 

It’s nice seeing Teddy doing this kind of thing and talking about the things he loves about Boxing. In recent years he’s mostly become known as just the mad old bastard who screams about dodgy judging and stuff. When you see him in this setting though it reminds you how passionate he is about the sport. And that’s why he gets so frustrated with aspects of it. But I could listen to him talk to and about old fighters/fights all day. 

• Paid Members

he did a long multiple part podcast talking about the Michael Moorer/Evander Holyfield fight, im gonna do dig into that.

Some horrible news though. Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev died after a fight on the Top Rank show on Friday night.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/9567448/boxer-dadashev-dies-aged-28-head-injuries-brutal-loss-subriel-matias-reports/amp

The video of McGirt trying to convince Dadashev to quit isnt nice to watch, just too tough for his own good. Sad :(