Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

Gorman never stood a chance.

Id like to see Dubois stay as British Champ clean out the division of credible challengers and win it outright. Theres probably a pressure to move on but it would nice to see it happen, especially due to his age.

Speaking of British title holders, anyone see Liam Williams on the undercard? since moving to Ingle and going upto Middleweight the guy seems a beast. 13 stoppage wins in a row (in amongst 2 defeats to Liam Smith) but the few he's scored since moving gyms have just been nasty. The guy he put away Saturday had never been stopped and had gone 12 with the likes of David Lemieux, Williams destroyed him. Exciting times, he's great to watch.

Amir Khan’s done an interview with IFL where he confirms that him and Manny Pacquiao have signed to fight each other in Saudi Arabia on 8th November. That’s regardless of the result of Pacquiao vs Keith Thurman on Saturday. It’s coming years later than would’ve been ideal but I’m still looking forward to it. I think Pacquiao vs Khan is one of those fights that was always going to be exciting to watch no matter when it happened. 

Im not surprised now that Saudi Arabia is in play. If they were willing to pay £7million for Khan against a no-hoper you've gotta know they'd bust the bank proper for a big fight. Khan associated and angled himself brilliantly over there to make some serious money. The event on Friday was weird as fuck watching it on TV but it made sense to the people in attendance, they were loving it. Bet it did huge TV numbers out there too.

If the Saudis treat their boxing like they do their pro wrestling then I fully expect to see Holyfield vs Tyson 3 by the end of the year. And maybe that Lennox Lewis vs Riddick Bowe fight we were meant to get back in 92 finally happens as well. 

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Pacquiao’s Team say no such deal has been signed.

Now that's a surprise lol, I won't believe it until I see it officially announced as don't trust a word that comes out of Amir Khan's mouth

Edited by Gooner

16 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Told everyone it would never happen and he needed to give up on it!

And you were told you were wrong, which you are. 

Why the fuck would Khan "give up on it" when there's a chance that not only could it happen, but that he'd be making a shitload of Saudi money in the process? 

It's obvious from Pacquiao's statement that he's waiting to see how his own fight plays out before committing. If he beats Thurman he'll see what's on the table before deciding, and if he loses he has the Khan fight waiting for him.

But from Khan's perspective he's playing it exactly as he should. He's got the deal ready and waiting depending on Manny's fight against Thurman, but there's a good chance it could happen. Only a complete fucking moron would give up on anything when there's the kind of money involved that the Saudi's are no doubt offering.

Well, Pacquiao soundly beat Keith Thurman. Mental that at 40 and 4 years after losing to Mayweather, Pacman is still beating legit World Champions. The guy is a legend. The split decision score card was a bit of a joke though, I had Pacquiao winning the fight 116-111. 

Pacquiao/Khan is Saudi may be next but it'd be hard to see Pacman try to line up some kind of unification fight up with the winner of Spence/Porter at this point 

Pacquio i imagine will fight Spence next. Khan will be still be waiting till he’s 60 for that fight. He really does needto give up chasing it 🤪.

Great performance from Pacman though. A top performance from big Dave Price as well, finally used his jab. Whyte and Delboy looked decent to. Would fancy Delboy over Parker. 

That Chisora vs Szpilka KO was a bad one. There’s been a few knockouts in both Boxing and MMA this year where I honestly thought someone died. Szpilka looked like he’d left us for a minute last night. Hopefully he’s alright now. 

I was happy to see Pricey win comfortably. I’m not sure how much of him looking good was him looking good though, or down to Allen’s limitations. For what it’s worth, and it probably won’t stick, Allen seems like he might be calling it a career as well...

DB062F06-B73D-43A6-830A-A0F3942BFAAD.png

Allen has always been one of those characters where he knew his own limitations, never expected to be a world champ, and was just riding he crest of a wave.

I hope he earnt good cash.

My favourite journeyman Ibrar Riyaz was on the undercard. 6-165-4 now. What a record.