Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

3 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Ruiz has tweeted theres no way he’s coming to the UK to fight. Who can blame him?  

What's the reason? Money? Or does he feel the atmosphere is hostile?

16 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

What's the reason? Money? Or does he feel the atmosphere is hostile?

I assume he doesn't trust the testing procedures. 

Given that Whyte failed a drugs test 3 days before the fight and his promoter and team knew of this but his opponent wasnt informed i guess he feels there will too many things against him over here.

When AJ fought Parker, the referee broke the action up very quickly every time they got close, this favoured Joshua. 

UK is becoming a bit of a home cooking place in recent years.  I cant blame Ruiz tbh.

Cardiff 14th of December or New York a couple of weeks earlier. Nothing concrete yet. Hearn says theyl do the rematch where AJ wants it, no one else. Weyher true or not.

4 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Hearn says theyl do the rematch where AJ wants it, no one else.

I'm pretty sure the heavyweight champion of the world will have some sort of say in where he fights.

Depends on the contract Ruiz signed to fight Joshua. If it includes an automatic rematch and still gives Joshua and his team the right to choose where that rematch is then Ruiz fights where he is told. 

Yeh Hearn pretty much says Ruiz has no say. However the longer the fight goes without being announced the more dubious i am of it actually happening in Cardiff. Ruiz will have everyone in his ear filling him with all sorts of ideas. If he doesnt fight Joshua i imagine he’d get stripped of a coupla belts. 

Ruiz v Wilder must sound good to US promoters and TV execs.

That’s what Hearn is saying is the case. It feels like Ruiz should have say in it but if they signed the contract agreeing to the rematch clause then what can you do? The fairest thing would be to just do it somewhere neutral and have non British/American judges and referee etc. But to rake in the most money then surely it’s in the US again.

Taking all that out of it, for me as a fan, doing it back at MSG would be the coolest one to see. AJ going back to the same place where he got beat to try to exorcise the Snickers fuelled demon. The story writes itself. 

Adam Smith (head of Sky Boxing) is really really pushing for Cardiff. Imagine if Whyte gets suspended, AJ loses, Campbell destroyed by Loma. Calumn Smith never fighting....Matchroom boxing is in a pretty bad way......Cheeseman will be flying the flag for them.

17 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Imagine if Whyte gets suspended, AJ loses, Campbell destroyed by Loma. Calumn Smith never fighting....Matchroom boxing is in a pretty bad way......

5C7C61A7-DA4F-4B3D-86E2-E688ED62C1CE.jpeg

16 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

That’s what Hearn is saying is the case. It feels like Ruiz should have say in it but if they signed the contract agreeing to the rematch clause then what can you do?

He can refuse to fight? He wouldn't be the first fighter to renege on a contract, and let's be honest, what's going to happen then? They strip him of his belts? Who gives a fuck, he'd still be the guy who clobbered the great Anthony Joshua, and more importantly it would mean Joshua not getting that win back.

If anything it would hurt Joshua more not getting the fight. Ruiz could easily claim that he isn't wanting to fight in the UK because of the shady business with Whyte recently, and he;d likely win that argument in court if need be.

His bargaining position just got even better with that news being released.