Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Just got round to watching it. I knew the result - was impossible to avoid it - but managed to steer clear of the rest of the fall out so just reading stuff at the moment retrospectively.

The one thing i kept thinking off, and it may be very loose comparison and harsh, is how much that reminded me of Frank Bruno. Absolutely chiselled in terms of muscle mass and his build, massive puncher yet he still blows up super quick and looks absolutely gassed after a few exchanges. On top of that any time he gets tagged - even with innocuous looking punches - and he looks like he doesn't want to be there and the big legs go all bowed out and he's like bambi on ice.

• Paid Members

There’s mixed reports on Twitter that Zab Judah was hospitalised with a bleed on the brain after being stopped in a fight last night. Seen guys like Tony Bellew, Dave Coldwell and Kal Yafai tweeting well wishes. From bits I’ve read he’s awake so hopefully he’s going to be OK. 

• Paid Members

Zab was released from hospital, thankfully looks like he's ok.

2 days out from Fury/Schwarz. Fury explaining his change in tone toward Joshua here 😄...

Warrington/Galahad is this weekend too, its on standard BT sports before the Fury PPV kicks in. 

Warrington-v-Galahad.jpg

• Paid Members

back on Warrington/Galahad, the buildup has been nasty, some genuine animosity between those two. Lots of stuff dregged up about Galahad's drug failure's and stuff. The atmosphere in Leeds is gonna be intense.

I hate Warrington, he comes across so unlikeable, but he’s going to have to much for Gallahad isnt he. I think he’s already beat him twice in the amatuers. Warrington probably has the two best wins out of any British boxer in the last year. 

Never saw Tom Schwarz fight but he’s there to make the big man look good isnt he? I just hope Fury puts on a good performance and doesnt fuck around to much and get clipped. The build up has been similar to his first comeback fight in that he seems to be treating it as a bit of a joke. Would like Fury to put on a good display and try and take him out in the first half of the fight to keep his monentum going. Fuck paying for it like!

2 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

I hate Warrington, he comes across so unlikeable, but he’s going to have to much for Gallahad isnt he.

I don't have much time for Gallahad either. It was him who apparently filmed BJS abusing that drug addict last year.

But aye, Warrington comes across as a right prick. I hope Gallahad beats him. Warren has been extra smug since Joshua got beat as well. It would be nice to see him knocked down a peg. Warren is at his best when he's miserable. 

• Paid Members

It's an odd one because really Galahad is the natural heel in the story, bad drug ban along with the BJS stuff, but Warrington is coming off like a bellend in the buildup (despite being justified in what he hes saying) so its making me sway the other way. I think it'll be a nasty one though, Space Raider by decision.

Read online the other day that Furt/Schwarz had sold a 1,000 tickets in an 18,000 seat venue, not sure if theres any truth to that but it aint a good look, Tyson needs to go in an do a job on Schwarz, a plodding 12 rounder isnt gonna do him any favours in warming himself further to the American public. Fury did his usual schtick at the weigh-in/press conferences, its all good natured and a bit silly but i dont think it entices people to want to tune in because he treats the whole thing like a joke.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Space Raider by decision.

30-B0-A6-CF-355-A-4768-9-B4-E-97-A47-FBA

😂

I’d somehow never heard the Space Raider comparison before but it seems it’s a thing, with Warrington even referring to it himself on twitter. 

It’s a heel vs heel fight, this. Can’t stand either. Probably be decent enough to watch but I can’t say I’ll be happy to see either man win. I think I’d rather see Warrington lose though. 

Fury could do with a strong performance tonight, like everyone’s said. As long as he wins though, it seems like that Wilder rematch is coming.