Ironic Indie Lad Posted September 22 Posted September 22 I've been posting and lurking on and off on here for long enough to remember NORTON WANTS YOUR BIG SIG Quote
DazzM Posted September 22 Posted September 22 5 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: I've been posting and lurking on and off on here for long enough to remember NORTON WANTS YOUR BIG SIG And when did we stop using ~? Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted September 22 Paid Members Posted September 22 12 hours ago, Moo said: About 250-300 USD per year. It's changing a bit as hosting costs are going up & down as things like RAM & CPUs are constrained - but the last 6 months or so the hosting is about 15 EUR per month, which is very cheap. I've moved us a few times to keep these costs under control. Software licensing for Invision is another $40 USD per 6 months. I want to get us off Invision because they're just rent seeking at this point and it's not worth it. Our donations aren't regular but we have enough in the coffers to keep us going for another year or so. If we get off of Invision, it will be closer to 150 per year - the variable cost is hosting and with AI driving up the cost of storage, RAM, CPU etc I would expect this will be volatile for a while. Maybe move the donations to something like Buy Me A Coffee where you could have a small monthly fee to ensure regular donations? I know you've always been keen not to take too much money and we're all grateful but it'd be only fair that it's a shared cost rather than you stumping up. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted September 22 Paid Members Posted September 22 2 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Maybe move the donations to something like Buy Me A Coffee where you could have a small monthly fee to ensure regular donations? I know you've always been keen not to take too much money and we're all grateful but it'd be only fair that it's a shared cost rather than you stumping up. Totally agree with this, I’d be willing to donate this way. Quote
Merzbow Posted September 22 Posted September 22 I was definitely a transplant from TWCF once that went down, I'd imagine a few here double dipped into both forums too. Start a UKFF Patreon where donators get exclusive shitting (right and wrong) stories, you'll earn mega bucks for the site. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted September 22 Paid Members Posted September 22 To think in another timeline we’d all be celebrating 20 years of OTTER Forum Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted September 22 Paid Members Posted September 22 Massive Asterisk? His name is Obelix. I have indeed been to Carbomb's house, for a job interview. One of the most massive coincidences of all time. I've been on here a good few years, think I probably heard about it from someone in a queue for an FWA show. Flounced for a few years, don't even follow wrestling anymore. Quote
Richie Freebird Posted September 26 Posted September 26 On 9/21/2026 at 8:52 PM, Olly1984 said: Also shout out to @Richie Freebird and his death match thread and reviews, always a brilliant read. Thank you, my good man. I'm truly gratified to read that people still remember the reviews, and more importantly got some enjoyment out of them. Have a brilliant weekend my friend. Quote
Max Power2 Posted September 27 Posted September 27 (edited) What a place this has been. Signed up at Uni in 2001 - lost my log in to my old username around 2 years ago, so created this one. Rarely post anymore, but always read. Thank you to so many people on here for giving me 25 years of entertainment - despite never meeting any of you in real life. Apart from that lad with that massive mucky vest that time. Edited September 27 by Max Power2 Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted September 29 Paid Members Posted September 29 On 9/19/2026 at 6:54 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said: I take it you missed the UKFF Anniversary Special on BBC Choice, then? There was a tribute video at the end for all the sex offenders we've had on the forum. Like the Oscars memorial tribute. My favourite part was when Barbra Streisand surprised everyone to serenade @Frankie Crisp about the time he shit in a Quality Street tin. That's where your donations go to, UKFFers. There wasnt a dry eye in the house that night Screen Recording 2026-09-29 142316.mp4 Quote
Tony B. Liar Posted September 30 Posted September 30 This place feels like an old friend. I doubt anyone would remember me, but I know that the in jokes, shocking posts and shenanigans that happen here are very much in my memory bank.  I saw Ralphy get brought up a few times, has anyone spoken to him recently? Quote
Zaheer Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Just checked and I joined in 2003 , using it multiple times daily despite only amassing just about 200 posts . Lurkers be lurking. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted October 2 Paid Members Posted October 2 I signed up on my original, now lost, account when we started doing shows at FutureShock entirely to read Ben's reviews of our shows which we were under orders to never tell him we all read and took very seriously. Disappeared for a while when I stopped watching wrestling, then came back when the nostalgia hit and I'd started watching TNA and the WWE PPV's again. I've been gone again recently, completely fallen off caring about wrestling and my work has eaten away at my spare time I barely have time to talk to my real life mates but I always get a smile when one of the people I know from here show up on my social media (usually wand arguing with MMA idiots). This is a good place, and I'm glad it's kept going. Quote
Chili Posted October 2 Posted October 2 6 minutes ago, Jesse said: I signed up on my original, now lost, account when we started doing shows at FutureShock entirely to read Ben's reviews of our shows which we were under orders to never tell him we all read and took very seriously. Disappeared for a while when I stopped watching wrestling, then came back when the nostalgia hit and I'd started watching TNA and the WWE PPV's again. I've been gone again recently, completely fallen off caring about wrestling and my work has eaten away at my spare time I barely have time to talk to my real life mates but I always get a smile when one of the people I know from here show up on my social media (usually wand arguing with MMA idiots). This is a good place, and I'm glad it's kept going. Oh god I completely forgot we met a few times. I'm definitely correct (I hope) that you ring announced a few GPW shows way back when? Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted October 2 Paid Members Posted October 2 Just now, Chili said: Oh god I completely forgot we met a few times. I'm definitely correct (I hope) that you ring announced a few GPW shows way back when? Yep, that was me. Did FutureShock for years, filled in on GPW when Heresy needed cover and eventually did a run of commentary at XWA (and one PCW show where I think I did such a bad job I'm pretty sure Fludder had someone else re-do it for the DVD) Now I use those skills to entertain families on TikTok, what a life. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.