jm29195 Posted May 29 Posted May 29 Apart from the above-mentioned Hogan tag vs Vader, I was gutted we never got any sort of Savage vs Vader singles match, that would have been awesome! Quote
Chico Torres Posted May 29 Posted May 29 12 minutes ago, jm29195 said: Apart from the above-mentioned Hogan tag vs Vader, I was gutted we never got any sort of Savage vs Vader singles match, that would have been awesome! If only. A real “ships passing in the night” moment as Savage and Austin only met once and it’s a nothing match lasting barely 3 mins. Imagine prime Macho and Stone Cold in a proper feud… Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted May 29 Paid Members Posted May 29 It’s mad to look at that, with Austin on his last legs in WCW and basically being used as a glorified jobber, but the best possible time for Savage vs Austin, purely as a great match, was probably just two years later in say the first half of 97. Savage could still go at that point. It was his last really good year in the ring before the injuries caught up to him in 98 and led to his rotten 99. And of course Austin was on fire at that time and, although he had the bad wheel, he was still in relatively good nick pre-neck injury in the summer. If the match could’ve somehow happened in the first half of 97, assuming it was presented as a big match and not a throwaway on TV, I genuinely think they could’ve had an all timer. The promos would’ve been incredible at that time as well. I got why Austin went the full catchphrase route later because he made a fortune selling shirts and stuff off the back of it. But I’ve always felt like his mic work was at its absolute peak in 96/97. You could almost physically feel his anger, motivation and sheer determination coming through the screen when he was getting close but still trying to rise up the ladder in the WWF at that time. Quote
Chico Torres Posted June 1 Posted June 1 I watched the first 30 seconds and I see Mabel coming down the aisle with Oscar rapping and Charlie Minn dancing and announcing that the upcoming match is a super heavyweight battle against Yokozuna and I’m already sold. I mean “Best of Action Zone” already had me sold to be fair. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 1 Posted June 1 (edited) This channel is doing god's work, playlists for each decade that play in chronological order among other collections. It combines The Vault, WCW and other official channels. https://www.youtube.com/@wrestlingvaultarchives Edited June 1 by Merzbow Quote
Browser Brady Posted June 1 Posted June 1 I kinda feel the uploading of the wcw stuff has been weird . They absolutely flew through the Clash of the Champions and posted the last event there a few days ago. They could have uploaded 1 a month and gotten nearly 3 years out of it. Same with Nitro , they flew through the glory years of 95,96,97 and even 98. They ended up posting loads of episodes from 2000 then which are shite. Quote
Merzbow Posted June 1 Posted June 1 7 minutes ago, Browser Brady said: They ended up posting loads of episodes from 2000 then which are shite. Triple H telling the vault lad to post "the shite stuff" to make WCW look bad. Quote
Dai Posted June 1 Posted June 1 (edited) 2 hours ago, Browser Brady said: I kinda feel the uploading of the wcw stuff has been weird . They absolutely flew through the Clash of the Champions and posted the last event there a few days ago. They could have uploaded 1 a month and gotten nearly 3 years out of it. Same with Nitro , they flew through the glory years of 95,96,97 and even 98. They ended up posting loads of episodes from 2000 then which are shite. Can I ask what your logic is, about why it would be better to upload really niche wrestling events from 30 years ago in the style of linear TV scheduling (also from 30 years ago)? These things get 30,000 views, if that. In terms of WWE/TKO, and the way they have to find ways to save money every year, its a miracle that the budget is still there for it. Not sure, on any level (fans, TKO) how releasing them once per week/month is of any use at all. Its not like it was on the Network, when they would have to keep people subscribing month on month. Edited June 1 by Dai Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 2 Paid Members Posted June 2 On 6/1/2026 at 2:01 PM, SaitoRyo said: Write off the WWE Vault at your peril. Great to see Adam Bomb look like the star he could have been in front of a great crowd. He may have only had half the brain that you do but Sid could put a foot on the rope unlike these modern losers. Quote
jm29195 Posted June 2 Posted June 2 On 6/1/2026 at 2:17 PM, Chico Torres said: I watched the first 30 seconds and I see Mabel coming down the aisle with Oscar rapping and Charlie Minn dancing and announcing that the upcoming match is a super heavyweight battle against Yokozuna and I’m already sold. I mean “Best of Action Zone” already had me sold to be fair. To be fair, that match was a lot better than I expected, a super heavyweight spotfest in the best possible way! Quote
AshC Posted June 4 Posted June 4 Alright, people need to get on this Fire & Ice vs Blue Bloods match! Quote
jimufctna24 Posted June 5 Posted June 5 On 5/29/2026 at 2:40 PM, SuperBacon said: I genuinely think his work with DDP was the best of his career. Their feud was absolutely incredible, really made it feel like they hated each other. I liked all 3 of their PPV bouts in 1997. But I'm especially fond of their Spring Stampede bout. Savage's performance in particular was brilliant. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.