Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 15 Paid Members Posted June 15 Vince on commentary for Warrior/Goldust talks about the PPV in the dark the night before, telling the audience everyone cracked on and had a great time, HA HA. Understandably doesn't mention that the big babyface world champion threw a fit and cried, like usual. Always think it must have been mad to have been in crowds at these tapings back before we knew how it all worked. But crazy to be in a crowd to see Vader job in 10 seconds to the Warrior and hand Ahmed his first TV loss on the same night. Quote
Chico Torres Posted June 19 Posted June 19 Nothing fancy here, just our Bill destroying fat lads and monsters for over an hour. Sid, Bam Bam, Meng, Kronik, Wrath, Reese, Scott Norton, Roadblock and more…it’s a who’s who of awesome Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 19 Paid Members Posted June 19 6 hours ago, Chico Torres said: our Bill Quote
Chico Torres Posted June 19 Posted June 19 Fair enough, Bill is a divisive character ever since Bret conducted his negative propaganda campaign against him but surely we can all unite around the greatness (and rotundness) of the mighty Yokozuna? Quote
AshC Posted June 19 Posted June 19 Crikey am at a gig and now contemplating Goldberg vs Yokozuna. 😂 Quote
SoloJones Posted June 20 Posted June 20 Was hoping for a bit more variety in that Yokozuna comp, considering how vast their tape library is. Throw in a house show match or something from the WWF/SWS colab shows. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 20 Paid Members Posted June 20 I don’t know how it would work rights-wise, or if a proper version was even filmed, but there was a Yokozuna vs Tenryu match on that WWF Japan tour in 1994 that I’ve only seen clips of but I’d love to see in full. It was on the same tour as that Bret Hart vs Randy Savage title match that I’d also love to see a properly recorded version of. All we’ve got is the ropey handheld one. Sadly, I’m guessing these were never even filmed by the company, which is mad really. Pretty sure I’ve mentioned it before on here but they could’ve easily put together a Coliseum Video ‘World Tour 94’ tape with Bret vs Savage, Yoko vs Tenryu and whatever gems they had from the European tours that year on there. I’d have watched the shit out of that. Quote
SoloJones Posted June 20 Posted June 20 I think they did this a few times, but there's a fantastic Yoko/Bret cage match from somewhere in California, which a fan recorded from the crowd. They probably wouldn't have access to it, but there's a Tenryu match from WAR as well that I remember being worth a watch. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 20 Posted June 20 Don't know what tape it's on, but I'm sure there is a Bret/Yoko cage match out there, on an official release. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 20 Paid Members Posted June 20 Had a quick glance through some results for the international tours in 94. They definitely should’ve done a World Tour 94 tape. Could’ve had… Bret vs Savage (Japan, May 94) Yokozuna vs Tenryu (Japan, May 94) There’s also a Bret vs Bam Bam match from this tour, a pre-Hakushi Jinsei Shinzaki in singles matches against Undertaker and 123 Kid and another Savage vs Tenryu match (loved the one they had in 90). Elsewhere, Bret vs Owen went on all over the place that year after WrestleMania X. From Germany to Italy to China to Singapore. Pick one, any one. I remember Bret saying these matches were even better than their Mania one because they’d wrestled more times by then and had their shit down to perfection. I’d love to see any of them. The UK tour around September had Bret/Bulldog vs Owen/Anvil and also Shawn/Diesel vs Razor/Lex. And there was an Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano match at the Tokyo Dome in November. Whack them on there. Would’ve been one of the best Silver Vision tapes ever and they never filmed most of this stuff. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 20 Paid Members Posted June 20 1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said: And there was an Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano match at the Tokyo Dome in November. Fond memories of them showing the finish at Survivor Series and Todd getting an interview with Bull where she replies to all his questions in very eloquent Japanese, dumbfounding him. Quote
Chico Torres Posted June 20 Posted June 20 This channel has most of the shows and matches that @wandshogun09 mentioned. All are handhelds so it depends on your tolerance for them, I’ve always personally struggled with watching them. https://youtube.com/@roylucierwwwf?si=FDyNwVHuQgXriHEb Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 20 Paid Members Posted June 20 Yeah I find the handheld matches jarring to watch but I’ll give that a look. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted June 21 Paid Members Posted June 21 11 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: Yeah I find the handheld matches jarring to watch but I’ll give that a look. I usually do but I found Bret vs Savage and Bret vs Bam Bam from that tour compelling. Quote
Chili Posted June 21 Posted June 21 There are worse PPV's than this. Some more dull, with more bad matches, concepts or where nothing really happens, and generally unwatchable... But there isn't a bad PPV with the variety of The Great American Bash 1991. Complete cobblers in the absolute best way. It's a fascinating show. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.