EURO 2024

Weezenal

18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Punditry absolutely shit as always.

The obvious lot are quick to pick at Eni Aluko and I don't think she's up to much, but Rio Ferdinand is just impossible to listen to. He adds so, so little insight. Didn't make much of Shearer on the co-comms either, he works better in short bursts or when he's swearing up a storm on their podcast.

• Paid Members

BALLON D'OR

BALLON D'OR

BALLON D'OR

should've been enough for Rio to never be allowed near a mic again.

Alexander-Arnold was a waste of a shirt, did fuck all, Foden was anonymous. Gallagher is a typical Southgate sub, and it's really disappointing. 

Yes it seemed an awkward fixture. We didn't set the world on fire but but good to just get the win I guess.

Foden is a seeming a real worry though. He looks a burden on this England team atm not a Premier League Player of the Season winner. I don't think he fits this team.

Put Foden as no10, drop Trent and put Gordon on the left and we'll be just fine.

Trent is shite and if Gallagher and Bowen are your answers for subs then I don't want to know the question.

Bellingham will win us the tournament if he stays fit. Southgate will cost us it.

Fabregas directly calling out TAA and Foden was definitely a moment. Doubt he’s getting asked back for the next England game. I quite like Micah, he’s a bit of an excitable puppy, but his heart’s in the right place. Rio’s the annoying bloke at the pub who talks loudly about football but says absolutely nothing.

Insipid performance overall, but I suppose the justification would be that this is the first of 7 potential games you need to play to win the tournament, so you probably don’t want to go hell for leather just yet. Please just fuck Foden and Trent off though. 

Edited by hallicks

• Paid Members

Both Scotland and Hungary played heaps better in their respective matches tonight, although Hungary couldn't get the job done against a pretty impressive looking German team. Depending on how that Germany Switzerland match goes there's still a chance Scotland could sneak through in second place. I was actually hoping for a Scotland win here, as both them and Switzerland on 3 points would have blown the group wide open for the final game with three teams having something to play for.

I have a feeling Germany Vs Switzerland could be one of those games where they both rest their best players and see what happens, but it's got draw written all over it as a point will definitely see Switzerland through, and if anybody knows how to not lose a football match it's Switzerland, unless they fancy trying to win the group for a potentially easier match in the next round.. Hungary Vs Scotland becomes a much more interesting game than I'd been expecting, with both teams still having a chance of making it into the knockout stages, but having to rely on how things stand in other groups. I'm looking forward to seeing my mate from Uni for the match regardless.

Croatia drawing with Albania? They're not having the best of tournaments. Spain Vs Italy could be a cracker tomorrow.