On 6/24/2024 at 9:00 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

League. Chippy Tea Appreciation 

Code. 07NHK3

So this seemed to die a bit of a death with only six of us playing this in the end (well, five and a half since D-Mal refused to pick anyone down the right wing).

I finished just outside the top thousand players out of nearly 11,000 with 10 out of my 11 candidates winning their seats. Happy with that return.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, FLips said:

I was going to play and it asked me to sign up and I immediately couldn’t be arsed

I got as far as 'team name' and decided I'd come back when I had a clever political joke name. That was the end of that.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

On 7/5/2024 at 8:33 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

If you really want your piss boiled, try listening to his recent interview on the Leading podcast.

I took a few goes at it but couldn't do it. He really tries to talk up his East London gangster, criminal underworld bonafide's and its horrible.

Whilst I'm sure his back story is genuine to a point, he's definitely edited bits and added elements as every story point seems perfectly crafted for a 2024 Labour candidate.

"Ey up guv'na, me ol' Grandad went to prison for armed robbery so he did, but he was secretly anti violence and a bit of a Robin Hood character."

"Alright sunshine, my other Grandad, proper dyed in the wool Tory he was. Loved his Queen and Country. But he was also very compassionate and in his later years realised a vote for Labour was okay."

Just fuck off mate, with your crafted-in-a-lab New Labour personality.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:51 AM, d-d-d-dAz said:

In a world of charlatans and populists, you need to find some way of separating out the boring people who won't drive countries off a cliff.

Wes Streeting is a pretty good communicator, and seems to do a good job selling Labour - he looks to be a key part of the team that's going to give us a Labour government again. Do people not like him now?

11 minutes ago, Little Johnny said:

Yes. My opinion changed. I'm not sure I have many characteristics I'd say I was 'proud of' specifically, but the ability to change my mind without feeling shame about that is definitely one.

He always seemed alright to me, yet the more exposed to him I became I liked him less. The more I heard, the less authentic he seemed.

Quite how you remembered a six month old post I made I don't know, though. Good work.

12 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Quite how you remembered a six month old post I made I don't know, though. Good work.

That ain't shit. There are people on here who remember stuff you posted 20 years ago on an obsolete forum under a different name in another language just waiting for you to contradict yourself.

22 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Yes. My opinion changed. I'm not sure I have many characteristics I'd say I was 'proud of' specifically, but the ability to change my mind without feeling shame about that is definitely one.

He always seemed alright to me, yet the more exposed to him I became I liked him less. The more I heard, the less authentic he seemed.

Adapting to new information is great and to be commended but then your pivot should be publicly acknowledged too so that people paying less attention know how much trust to put in your later posts.

People who listen to the News Agents podcast for the first time next week would do well to read Emily Maitlis's tweets about Macron last night before they internalise anything she says about geopolitics. A new reader of Ian Dunt's columns deserves to be provided with the context that history would suggest his confident analysis on any given subject is, with near cast-iron certainty, completely wrong.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Little Johnny said:

Adapting to new information is great and to be commended but then your pivot should be publicly acknowledged too so that people paying less attention know how much trust to put in your later posts.

Why?

I'm an idiot on a message forum. I'm not running for office.

This is deeply, deeply weird. So I'll just say, people of the UKFF, I do solemnly declare that on occasions I will change my mind about things, so please feel free to trust me less. Also, don't trust me anyway because as discussed, I'm just a bloke on a message forum.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

This could be interesting if anything comes from it. Several Reform candidates appear to be non-existent. 

1 hour ago, Sphinx said:

As I'm sure you'll all know I was never into Marmite, but I feel it's my obligation to declare that since having it with peanut butter on toast I'm a fan.

Put them on crumpets, seriously.