• Paid Members

Radio 5 live is reporting that Tunbridge Wells could go Lib Dem. That's been a Tory seat since 1906 

• Paid Members

3 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

This looks like a disaster for Scotland in particular but the UK as a whole. Right wing politics in opposition to a social conservative Prime Minister. Good lucky to any marginalised or minority groups. There is very little to celebrate here in my opinion. Even seeing so many of the Tories go won't be enough to make this seem like a positive. 

I completely agree with this and am utterly depressed about the state of it all. 

At the VERY least, I want photos like this for every single Tory MP who loses their seat tonight. Every single one of them. It still won't cheer me up but I want the photos anyway. 

Robert Buckland speaking to the BBC's election programme

• Members
Just now, JLM said:

I completely agree with this and am utterly depressed about the state of it all. 

At the VERY least, I want photos like this for every single Tory MP who loses their seat tonight. Every single one of them. It still won't cheer me up but I want the photos anyway. 

Robert Buckland speaking to the BBC's election programme

So that's what happened to Harold Bishop.

• Paid Members

Well just back from the count in my constituency. Tories held on but with a majority of 4 and a bit thousand down from 27.5k. One of the spoiled ballots had "A woman does not have a penis" written next to it and another had "Go home Paki" next to it. Welcome to Lincolnshire. 

On the brighter side someone had written a massive rant in a spiral out from the centre of the page to completely fill it. Called everyone a can't basically. It was like a work of art. Must have took sges in the polling booth. 

Posted (edited)

In the last few mins:

Therese Coffey

Penny Mordaunt

Johnny Mercer

Alongside

Grant Shapps

Gillian Keegan

Lucy Frazer

Michael Fabricant

Jonathan Gullis

All gone! It's a political bloodbath

Hunt is apparently going to be a potential recount due to how close it is! 

Edited by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon
Missed off Jeremy

• Paid Members

Leicester East has gone Blue. The nuisance candidates successfully spilt the voters.

I'm dismayed that 3M + people voted for Deform.

It seems that only 49% of registered voters actually voted. That's terrible.