• Members

Even for people with GRCs. 

I assume that if trans women should be banned from women only spaces, then trans men should be banned from men only spaces, so trans men will be forced to use women only spaces. Yes? Because that's equality isn't it, and if Keir Starmer believes trans women shouldn't be in womens spaces, he believes the same for trans men surely?

But no, because trans men are never bought into this absolute bullshit identity politics bollocks that people have whipped themselves up into. 

He and the rest of Labour can fuck right off.

• Paid Members

I've gone Labour in my constituency. I cannot vote for the Lib Dems, the absolute nasty campaigners and dog whistlers that they are (as much as I quite like Ed Davey in my personal interactions with him and his local rep, as well as a generally decent manifesto). Until 2015 Labour and the Lib Dems were close but the Lib  Dems have convinced everyone that Labour's a wasted vote, so it's basically a mortal lock that the Lib Dem (who seems a bit of a nothingburger) will get in. I know the Tory guy really well, and he's a genuinely dedicated guy, but he's going to get hammered.

That said, we've just moved to Wimbledon and I wish I'd registered here, as it looks really tight. Especially on the high street where the Labour shop front is next door to the Lib Dem one, and they've deployed their own bar charts. Truly hilarious. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Even for people with GRCs. 

I assume that if trans women should be banned from women only spaces, then trans men should be banned from men only spaces, so trans men will be forced to use women only spaces. Yes? Because that's equality isn't it, and if Keir Starmer believes trans women shouldn't be in womens spaces, he believes the same for trans men surely?

But no, because trans men are never bought into this absolute bullshit identity politics bollocks that people have whipped themselves up into. 

He and the rest of Labour can fuck right off.

Like I said before. Labour will be worse for trans people in this country than the Tories have been.

For the most part, the Tories haven't given a shit about trans people. They've neglected services through ignorance, which is bad enough. But Labour will target trans health services and cut them significantly and the massive majority they'll probably get will mean there's nothing anyone can do about it.

It's got to the point where even if I had a trans ally candidate standing in my constituency under the Labour banner, I couldn't vote for them. Following the Cass Report, what trans people needed to hear is that the new government would not only disregard it but repair the lack of funding their services have had, well, forever. That's obviously not going to happen and we're about to embark on a period of history where trans people will be subject to even more abuse and marginalisation than ever.

Don't vote Labour. This is going to sound extremely militant and some people may not like to hear this but if you vote Labour then you don't really give a shit about trans people and I don't want to hear that you do.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Duke said:

I've gone Labour in my constituency. I cannot vote for the Lib Dems, the absolute nasty campaigners and dog whistlers that they are (as much as I quite like Ed Davey in my personal interactions with him and his local rep, as well as a generally decent manifesto). 

As someone who is voting for Lib Dem for the first time and hasn’t seen anything particularly awful from the Lib Dems, do you have examples of these nasty campaigns and things? Would be keen to see before I vote tomorrow.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, FLips said:

As someone who is voting for Lib Dem for the first time and hasn’t seen anything particularly awful from the Lib Dems, do you have examples of these nasty campaigns and things? Would be keen to see before I vote tomorrow.

To be honest with you, what I know is anecdotal, and I can't source it, so I wouldn't recommend letting it influence your vote. What I can tell you is that I've worked in politics and government for most of my career, and they have a wide ranging reputation across professionals and activists (I believe it's national, but can't say that with certainty, I've been told about it in people from Surrey, Oxford and Greater Manchester, from centrists, right wingers and left wingers).

The infamous examples that come to mind are plastering "it's a straight fight" over their leaflets in a local election where the opponent was gay back in 2012 (I think this was the tories making too much of it, but for context I only heard about it from the back office after the election), trying to turn a local council election in Redbridge, I think, with a jewish opposition candidate releasing leaflets trying to make them sound zionist (this is over a decade ago, for context), online harassment, mocking up leaflets to look like local newspapers, fake bar charts (which everyone else is starting to do as well, tbf.), aggressive behaviour on social media, all that sort of thing.

I remember going to a count in 2012 and a Labour candidate won and spent his whole speech calling out the Lib Dems behaviour, and congratulating the Tories for coming second.

I have previously been advised that if I apply to work in the back office for the Lib Dems, neither the Tories nor Labour will touch you afterward. This is plainly an exaggeration, but it does speak to the reputation.

The rep never extends to the candidates, to be fair, it's the activists and the back office. 

As I say, this is all anecdotal, and third hand, so I'm not trying to convince anyone to vote a particular way (my wife has gone Lib Dem, tactically), but it's why I can't bring myself to vote for them.

Edited by Duke

• Moderators

Is it provably party affiliated? Or can it be dismissed as a 'misguided supporter we don't condone'? I'm guessing the latter.

Doesn't help them answer the question of 'why are all these pieces of shit attracted to your party then?', mind...

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Is it provably party affiliated? Or can it be dismissed as a 'misguided supporter we don't condone'? I'm guessing the latter.

Doesn't help them answer the question of 'why are all these pieces of shit attracted to your party then?', mind...

Account no longer exists. I think 3rd option of "bot we've purchased to fill social media with bilge" is a safe bet.

• Paid Members

Day before the election and I’ve received leaflets for both Reform and Green in the post. Seems a bit of waste as I imagine minds are made up by now so a photo of a bloke stood next to the duck pond isn’t going to change that.

Oddly enough now all is said and done, Lib Dem are the only ones I didn’t receive a leaflet for. Labour did it best with two each for me and my wife.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, FLips said:

a photo of a bloke stood next to the duck pond isn’t going to change that.

Damn his britches. Damn his duck pond.

sirtalbotbuxomly.jpg.5b6d48e307bf4b6c75b7ebafc8bc84b0.jpg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Duke said:

The infamous examples that come to mind are plastering "it's a straight fight" over their leaflets in a local election where the opponent was gay back in 2012

Sometimes a bad choice of words is just that?

Edited by Just Some Guy
Oh, bollocks! Google before posting.