Clash at the Castle 2024 comes to Glasgow

Daaaaaad!

44 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Wonder if this event might be a good way to debut Gallus and have them align in a stable with Drew?

Gallus were in the Royal Rumble programme.   No-one else from NXT was.   So, I took that as meaning that when that programme was sent to print they were listed as main roster, so a "call up" had been scheduled and cancelled, so I would have to assume that they're main roster bound soon enough.   Which is a shame, because they're even duller than Karrion Kross.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Which is a shame, because they're even duller than Karrion Kross.

No one is duller than Karrion Kross. Gallus are what happens if you order two Bronson Read's from the scotch equivalent of Temu. Teacakemu? 

9 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Gallus were in the Royal Rumble programme.   No-one else from NXT was.   So, I took that as meaning that when that programme was sent to print they were listed as main roster, so a "call up" had been scheduled and cancelled, so I would have to assume that they're main roster bound soon enough.   Which is a shame, because they're even duller than Karrion Kross.

Probably get away with them as lackies for someone like Drew though I'm guessing?

Problem with Kross is that he's meant to be the main guy in that faction.

• Paid Members

Saw an "online exclusive" promo of Bate & Dunne calling out Gallus the other day (due to Gallus attacking Wes Lee who Bate referred to as "my mate") 

Dunno if that means Bate & Dunne headed down to NXT for a match, but could see it being something they'd shoehorn onto the pre-show here. 

21 minutes ago, Statto said:

Saw an "online exclusive" promo of Bate & Dunne calling out Gallus the other day (due to Gallus attacking Wes Lee who Bate referred to as "my mate") 

Dunno if that means Bate & Dunne headed down to NXT for a match, but could see it being something they'd shoehorn onto the pre-show here. 

That match already happened on this week's NXT.

• Paid Members
On 6/12/2024 at 7:12 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

I desperately want Punk to cost McIntyre the title.

I'm not particularly arsed with seeing the companies best heel get his flowers.

He’s not a heel. He’s justified in everything he’s said and done. He just needs a proper, sophisticated, hometown crowd to understand and appreciate him.

This Saturday. C̶a̶n̶a̶d̶i̶a̶n̶ Scottish Stampede.

FYI ticket prices have dropped considerably for tonight's Smackdown. I imagine the same will be for Clash.

I can't in good faith suggest this but I'm a huge advocate of getting tickets last minute. Huge risk I know, but due to demand they always put the crappier seats on sale first.

I bought my ticket for MITB 2 minutes before doors closed. I went to Mania this year with no ticket and got Floor Seats for $400 dollars. These weren't resales either - they made them available on the Thursday the cheeky buggers. I got my Raw ticket on the day for $30 dollars.

Obviously there's a huge risk associated to it, but statistically not everyone that bought a ticket will be able to attend. Things happen, travel plans, family issues etc can crop up.
People end up having to get rid of their tickets. Closer to the show they drop the price so they get SOMETHING instead of nothing.
The fact that there was like 9000 tickets that were sold for All In last year, but they didnt have bums in seats on the day says a lot. I'm waiting for the day to see if tickets drop :D

Again, I've been fortunate, and don't take my word for getting travel plans/hotels to somewhere without tickets. However, the risk can be worth it.
I'd definitely never buy tickets for a WWE/AEW wrestling show on pre-sale or general sale ever again though.

• Paid Members

Scotland’s opening Euro 2024 game clashing with the wrestling.

The sad bastard ratio at the Hydro tonight is going to be even higher than usual then.

(Yes I’m bitter before anyone asks).

• Paid Members

Remember when another boom period was nothing more than something you’d half joke about, certain it would never actually happen?

I love this so much. Cherish being in the best timeline.

36 minutes ago, Chili said:

Look I don't watch but I want Drew McIntyre to win the title, fuck whatever the CM Punk nuclear heat idea might be, give that man a big fucking night of it. He's great.

I saw someone on Twitter suggest Punk accidentally twats Priest with a chair, ala Summerslam 1997, and Drew takes advantage, And Punk is pissed because he helped his rival win the belt. It gives Drew his flowers and also advances the story.

39 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

I saw someone on Twitter suggest Punk accidentally twats Priest with a chair, ala Summerslam 1997, and Drew takes advantage, And Punk is pissed because he helped his rival win the belt. It gives Drew his flowers and also advances the story.

Ya know, book it, sounds perfect.