Clash at the Castle 2024 comes to Glasgow

Daaaaaad!

8 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Genuine question, is there form for them lowering prices if they don’t sell properly? I’ve seen some seating plans and it looks like there are large gaps due to this ridiculous pricing structure. Is there any precedent for these seats being sold more cheaply in future?

I wouldn’t say it won’t happen, but I’d be very surprised if they did unless it was for a section that is going to be quite prominent in the camera shot, and even then I imagine they would just move people from other sections to fill it.

The show is still 5 weeks away, if they were going to drop prices it probably wouldn’t happen until the week of the show, possibly even on the day itself.

Basically I wouldn’t hold your breath 

The overwhelming majority of tickets available appear to be for the lower sections, both the bottom tier and floor. They're the most visible, so they'll fill those one way or another. I've a feeling that if they are going to lower prices it would be a case of bringing the more "premium" seats closer in price to other tickets already sold, rather than making the event generally more accessible in terms of cost. I'd love to be wrong, but I wouldn't make plans based on that assumption. 

If you'd told me that a PLE in Scotland at an arena this size would have that many tickets available a month before the event id have thought it was preposterous, but I know lots of people who have went to buy tickets and just thought absolutely not. 

• Paid Members
On 5/8/2024 at 1:52 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

I wouldn’t say it won’t happen, but I’d be very surprised if they did unless it was for a section that is going to be quite prominent in the camera shot, and even then I imagine they would just move people from other sections to fill it.

The show is still 5 weeks away, if they were going to drop prices it probably wouldn’t happen until the week of the show, possibly even on the day itself.

Basically I wouldn’t hold your breath 

The original clash of the castle had seats sold for free, just pay booking fees the day before the event. I think it was See Film First who emailed me about it. Granted that was a much bigger venue but they will do whatever is needed to get it as full as possible. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, FUM said:

Looks like BBC have taken the ticket price story on, my mate is one of the quotes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cg39e53jvdpo

"and will miss the chance to see Scottish wrestling talent like Piper Niven, Alba Fyre, Nikki Cross and Drew McIntyre."

Aye, all three of them DEFINITELY are getting on the PPV.

39 minutes ago, FUM said:

Looks like BBC have taken the ticket price story on, my mate is one of the quotes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cg39e53jvdpo

Wow, didn't realise it was £300 for the shit seats. I wouldn't have expected below £100 but wow. I suppose their view is that selling 10,000 tickets at extortionate prices is better than selling 12,000 at reasonable prices. If they have to paper the event nearer the time or use clever camera angles then so be it. 

Just to be clear is that a duo ticket or just the one event?

2 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Wow, didn't realise it was £300 for the shit seats. I wouldn't have expected below £100 but wow. I suppose their view is that selling 10,000 tickets at extortionate prices is better than selling 12,000 at reasonable prices. If they have to paper the event nearer the time or use clever camera angles then so be it. 

Just to be clear is that a duo ticket or just the one event?

Right now a seat 11 rows from the back of the building (furthest away available) is ÂŁ303.50 just for the Clash event and a seat 9 rows (furthest away available) from the back for the Smackdown event is ÂŁ191.25.

The cheapest duo ticket as a resale for 2nd row from the back is ÂŁ400 meaning the original buyer paid around that.

• Paid Members

What's far worse than the prices is that there are people who are paying them.

1 hour ago, FUM said:

Right now a seat 11 rows from the back of the building (furthest away available) is ÂŁ303.50 just for the Clash event and a seat 9 rows (furthest away available) from the back for the Smackdown event is ÂŁ191.25.

The cheapest duo ticket as a resale for 2nd row from the back is ÂŁ400 meaning the original buyer paid around that.

Just in case anyone wants to compare - my ticket for Backlash was approx £330 but that was for 2nd row of the lower bowl, so most likely a much better seat that this £303.50 for CATC.   I think the arenas are about the same capacity but quite different layouts.   Looking at TM now I would say a comparable ticket to what I paid £330 for Backlash is £480 for CATC.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

What's far worse than the prices is that there are people who are paying them.

I definitely feel ill at ease having bought tickets. The idea that I've played some part in incentivising this kind of practice is definitely something I'm mindful of. I was fortunate enough at that point in time to be able to afford tickets, but I'm really disappointed that lots of fans I know have just been priced out of attending, its quite sickening really. 

I wouldn't like to think I'm actually worse than the bastards though. I think there's an element of them taking advantage of people who perhaps see this as a once in a lifetime event. 

1 hour ago, Donald J Trump said:

I definitely feel ill at ease having bought tickets. The idea that I've played some part in incentivising this kind of practice is definitely something I'm mindful of. I was fortunate enough at that point in time to be able to afford tickets, but I'm really disappointed that lots of fans I know have just been priced out of attending, its quite sickening really. 

I wouldn't like to think I'm actually worse than the bastards though. I think there's an element of them taking advantage of people who perhaps see this as a once in a lifetime event. 

Yeah, I can defo see parents paying out the arse for their kids because "The Wrestling" never comes to their city. Its sad.

The most frustrating aspect for me is Glasgow, and potentially Scotland, will now be tarred as a “poor seller” because we probably have more people that just refuse or simply can’t afford to pay these prices than say a London or Manchester would so it’s doubtful I’ll see a big event on my doorstep again for a long long time.

24 minutes ago, FUM said:

The most frustrating aspect for me is Glasgow, and potentially Scotland, will now be tarred as a “poor seller” because we probably have more people that just refuse or simply can’t afford to pay these prices than say a London or Manchester would so it’s doubtful I’ll see a big event on my doorstep again for a long long time.

This could well happen. It could just be the 3rd big show in the UK in under 2 years, 5th in Europe. Then All In two years running. Is novelty lost? Or was it just really short notice? I know someone who travelled to Backlash, going to Germany but just thought fuck this I can't afford another.

I think it has an issue that people won't travel for it too. London doesn't rely on people to travel to it as Greater London has a population of about 3.5m more than Scotland and plenty of places have fairly easy access.