What wrestling do you watch?

• Paid Members

On a regular basis, not counting stuff I go to live, mostly just AEW. I watch Dynamite every week, and dip in and out of Rampage and Collision when they look worth watching. 

I keep tabs on other things - will watch the bigger AAA shows, and GCW when they book something interesting, though I struggle to keep on top of anything else. Sometimes dip into NJPW or the bigger WWE PPVs, but I rarely come out of a WWE show feeling like I got my money's worth.

Currently? Pretty much no company on a regular basis, I'll catch an AEW PPV and watch clips of the guys I still like on YouTube. I'm more than likely to just watch some old RINGS or UWF if I need a wrestling fix, with some deathmatches both old and new thrown in.

45 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

On a regular basis, not counting stuff I go to live, mostly just AEW. I watch Dynamite every week, and dip in and out of Rampage and Collision when they look worth watching. 

I keep tabs on other things - will watch the bigger AAA shows, and GCW when they book something interesting, though I struggle to keep on top of anything else. Sometimes dip into NJPW or the bigger WWE PPVs, but I rarely come out of a WWE show feeling like I got my money's worth.

I would probably go to a wwe ppv if one was in the UK. There is a house show in Cardiff next month which is only an hour from me but I have a rev pro show to go to in a couple of weeks so not gonna bother. I don't think a wwe house show would be as good as a rev pro show as these are main event shows with potential title changes.  But a ppv would be good.

Would love to see some live hardcore wrestling but there isn't much around. Don't fancy going to Scotland to watch icw. 

5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Currently? Pretty much no company on a regular basis, I'll catch an AEW PPV and watch clips of the guys I still like on YouTube. I'm more than likely to just watch some old RINGS or UWF if I need a wrestling fix, with some deathmatches both old and new thrown in.

Any deathmatch recommendations?

1 minute ago, no user name said:

Would love to see some live hardcore wrestling but there isn't much around.

Kumite in Derby and TNT which I think is in Liverpool both do a lot of hardcore stuff, there's a local lad I know that wrestles for both.

1 minute ago, no user name said:

Any deathmatch recommendations?

I've currently got a thing for the Russian scene which is just gross and weird, the lad who uploaded this video is worth searching through as he covers many of the early and mid 00's classics, too.

• Paid Members

I'm only watching AEW and ROH at the moment (and ROH is mostly a 'on in the background while I do my tea' kind of watch, unless it's somebody that I like wrestling). AEW is on fire for me at the moment, I'm having a good time with it.

I tried Impact but, while a fun watch, it lacks that 'must-see' factor. And I'll watch the odd New Japan show/match if I hear good things but I find they put on way too many shows with way too many inconsequential tag matches for me to keep up to date with them.

I'd like to check out more AAA/CMLL but have no idea how to even go about it. Their shows rarely turn up in the usual places.

I keep going back to WWE a couple times a year and always end up feeling like I've wasted my time. Fair enough people are enjoying their shows now, but I still find the vast majority of it to be a terrible pro-wrestling show. They did put a few good shows on around the Rumble but then The Rock sapped my interest for it and that shite Elimination Chamber PPV killed it stone-dead. But like the dickhead I am, I'll check it out again in another 4/5 months then be back on here to moan about how shit it is!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I'd like to check out more AAA/CMLL but have no idea how to even go about it. Their shows rarely turn up in the usual places.

Not the easiest thing in the world to follow, but Luchablog uploads clipped matches from most of AAA and CMLL's TV content around a week after it airs, as well as a lot of indie stuff:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ebraR2AUOoo6hqmjXyrVEVs-oOFHJ_1P

AAA upload some, but not all, shows on their YouTube channel, and their bigger shows (Triplemania, Rey de Reyes, Lucha World Cup) are on Fite/TrillerTV. If CMLL live stream, it's generally behind a paywall on their YouTube. It's worth following Luchablog on Twitter, as he tends to post about when and where and how to catch the bigger shows.

I'd like to watch more CMLL, they're on a hot streak (especially compared to AAA), and have some incredible talent. I just don't have the time, and even as a bit of a Lucha nerd, I find some parts of their shows pretty difficult to get into/

I pretty much only watch WWE PPVs and Raw/Smackdown/NXT highlights on YouTube.   I watch Main Event on the Network and occasionally watch NXT Lvl Up and on the rare occasion I watch a full episode of NXT, but never live.   Once Raw and Smackdown are on Netflix here I might be more likely to watch them the next day and occasionally I might watch live.

Maybe once a month I will watch an episode of AEW, but I don't watch any other new stuff on TV/Online regularly.

Almost nothing nowadays, I watch the YouTube clips of WWE and AEW and probably about 50% of each's PLE/PPVs even then I skip or speed watch a lot. Time is precious as an adult and I just can't spare enough. I'd love to watch more but I find indy shows with long matches just too much. What I'd love to find is a promotion with easy to watch hour long shows, larger than life characters, I don't need work rates or realistic characters. If anyone knows of anything let me know. 

I think when WWE go to netflix next year my viewing will pick up through ease to watch, download shows and watch at my leisure. Always annoyed me you can't download network shows for when I have long flights or busses and would happily watch a few PPVs etc. 

Just parts of Smackdown ATM due to Wrestlemania season but nothing usually on the reg,  just clips and then pick and choose what I want to watch.

With how easily accessible content is these days it makes it's alot easier to not have to sit through full shows and avoid the crap you are not interested in.

I watch WWE PLEs (never live if they’re in the States) and the occasional AEW PPV. I haven’t got the enthusiasm for modern wrestling to be watching all of the weekly TV shows from either company. I’ll watch an occasional episode now and again if something major happens but that’s about it.

Smackdown in its entirety, I fast-forward through Raw and I zip through Dynamite too, with the matches often being of little interest (though if the line-up is good, I can watch the full show)

I'd been watching - and enjoying - Impact, but I've not had much time for that recently, and I stopped watching Collision and Rampage a long time ago. I often find NXT to be unwatchable, although I'll check out the occasional match/episode. 

In terms of PPVs, I used to watch every AEW PPV (aside from Forbidden Door), but now that there's more of them I'll be a bit more selective. There's usually at least one match I want to watch on a WWE PLE, but given that I'm paying for the network as opposed to the event in question, I typically whizz through these and only watch the matches I want to see. 

I've only ever watched wrestling live once (live as in as it happened, rather than in person - I've never been to a show in-person) - the show in question being last year's All In. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

All AEW and ROH shows in full at the moment. Smackdown sometimes full episodes but usually just the highlights. Only follow Raw via podcast recap and watching highlights if anything sounds good, then all the PLEs in full. 

Then assorted bits and bobs from anywhere else if I ever have time. I had a Stardom World sub but there are not enough hours in the week so I dropped that and now it’s just recommended matches. With New Japan it’ll be individual matches too if they sound too juicy to miss, like Danielson vs Zack Sabre Jr. 

Would love to try and watch more Impact, currently trying to squeeze in the PPVs but not succeeding at the moment, there is simply too much content to get through.