What wrestling do you watch?

• Paid Members

The one thing I do miss is that there used to be a wrestling channel that came with the smart TV I have but it seems to have disappeared. I would stick it on randomly and I never knew what would be on. Sometimes shite American indies, sometimes old TNA and sometimes AAA or CMLL. It was a real hodge podge but it seems to have gone now. 

Pretty much just Dynamite during work, a bit of Collision and whatever the 'main' in ring promo/segment on Raw and Smackdown were on YouTube. I acquire the AEW and WWE PPVs and watch them on a morning off but usually either skim halfway through or just fob them off because waiting to see what's been posted here about it is more entertaining. 

I still feel invested, it's just that once that initial massive anchor wrestling has like twice a year wears off, I can't stick to actually watching the full shows. I'll see Punk coming back, or Cody finally getting the push, or whatever it is and feel as hyper-invested as ever, and then once the weeks start rolling into one another - even if the angle's being handled well - I'll just drop off again in no time at all. 

Wrestling's retrospective content for me and there's enough of it there that I'm sort of okay with that. It's OSW, Wrestling Bios and podcasts. Just...good fan made ones. Because I'm way over the hill with even the supposed clever carnies and their endless takes on how they'd do it, based on that one year they got that one storyline really right.

I'd love to be sitting on WCW PPVs for the occasional fun watch but it's not worth maintaining an active paid sub with the evil empire over.  

The last time I watched week to week in full - live where I could - was 2005 which is nuts as I type it because like I said I still feel like I've been invested in the almost 20 years since then. That was the last year the 1 AM "THIS is Sky Sports" call got me excited. And it got me very excited. I was so into it, and felt like I was fighting wrestling's corner against a world that didn't understand it. 

Those were the days. But these are the days too. You grow up. 

Edited by The Gaffer
Added context.

Dynamite. YouTube clips of Rampage/Collision. Old WWF stuff online from the good YouTube channels. Old AJPW from the 80's/90's. I'm pretty much completely divorced from WWE as a watch and only keep in touch with the chat here and the occasional YouTube clip.

If stuff like Wrestle Me, OSW and any of those wrestling docs online count. Them.

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The one thing I do miss is that there used to be a wrestling channel that came with the smart TV I have but it seems to have disappeared. I would stick it on randomly and I never knew what would be on. Sometimes shite American indies, sometimes old TNA and sometimes AAA or CMLL. It was a real hodge podge but it seems to have gone now. 

Was this on Pluto TV? Such a random collection of channels and content.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I currently watch less wrestling than at any time in the past twenty years, but that still amounts to a solid few hours a week. Until last year, I was watching all the AEW shows every week, but I burned myself out on it and my interest pretty much fell off a cliff as I felt the direction of the shows pulling further away from my personal tastes. I didn't like MJF as champ, I've never liked Adam Cole, I wasn't bothered about Edge coming in. I'm not really interested in anybody just having long TV matches for the sake of it. So I stopped watching almost all of it and didn't feel I missed it. Just recently I've started to dip my toe back in, but now I'm happy just skim-watching an episode of Dynamite or Collision once every other week or so to keep up to speed.

I did the same thing with WWE a few years ago, only returning to watch it when the praise for the Bloodline storyline on this place made it impossible to ignore any longer. So now I am back into WWE moreso than AEW, but I'll just skim-watch SmackDown and catch up on the Cody bits of Raw every week.

Across both promotions that's about two or three hours of TV in total each week, which is about as much as I can find the time for.

Edited by Arch Stanton

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to watch the revolution rumble on Sunday.

Should be good. The rumble itself has zack sabre jr and josh alexander in it so some great wrestlers. Dani luna is wrestling and also the grizzled young veterans are there. Also luke jacobs is wrestling who arguably had the match of the night at high stakes. Hopefully there will be a few surprise entrants.  Got a feeling pac will be in it. 

I watch WWE and AEW. For WWE, I watch the PPVs in full on the Network, for Raw and Smackdown, I Watch the Wrestling somewhere else. I’ll be thankful when they’re on Netflix so I can stop using my iPad and having to deal with constant pop up ads. I use the Network for older PPVs, and I’m currently working my way through all the Mania’s as there’s a handful I’ve never seen (22 to 28 I think).

I’ve watched AEW since it began, so all the Dynamite’s and PPVs. I fast forward through the bulk of Collision and Rampage unless there’s a particular match I want to see. 

I used to watch NXT, but gave up on it during the Adam Cole/Kyle O’Reilly feud. I checked out the first few episodes of 2.0 when it started, but nothing since.   

I haven't watched wrestling since All In, except a few clips for Stings last match. I do keep an eye out for what's happening. U don't really have any desire to pay for wrestling right now though 

I have little or no time for it these days, my partner dislikes it, my son doesn't know what it is. Maybe when he gets older.

@no user name Sabre Jr has pulled out I'm afraid. It is cool you get two Josh Alexander appearances though.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Going through a bit of a wrestling lull atm and weeks can go by without watching any wrestling at all other than clips popping up on social media.

I’ll listen to some podcasts and currently make a point of watching TNA specials/ppv’s, but am not even managing the weekly shows atm.

Wrestling can be very cyclical for me though and I tend to watch a bit more during the summer when there’s less football and current affairs on TV.

To be fair I’ve accepted that I’m pushing 40 now and wrestling and the way its heading generally isn’t really tailored for me any more.

WWE’s production turned me off long ago and supporting any Tony Khan venture isn’t exactly appealing either.

They’re gearing their products for the audience that will spend a big % of their time and income on wrestling and I’m fine with that.

Edited by garynysmon

Mainly WWE and a bit of AEW although Tony Khan shows quite often that he hasn't got a clue what he wants to do. Don't mind GCW and I like a bit of Deadlock pro when I'm in the mood. Clips of CMLL and AAA aswell and I love a little dive into oldsdhool wrestling on YT.

Edited by NeverYield

This seems like a lot.. but watch is probably the wrong term.. A lot of these shows I flick through and watch  the best parts off. So a 2hr show ends up 40 to 50 mins. 

I live in the UK and don't have premium sports... At this time I do have the wwe  network 

AEW Dynamite 

(other AEW shows sporadically) 

Wwe NXT

This week in WWE recap show

TNA Impact (the YouTube £1 deal) 

Most Wwe / nxt Ppv (or premium events for  the more modern term) 

WWE - Raw and Smackdown clips on YouTube, NXT and PLEs in full on the Network 

AEW - Dynamite in full on ITV X, PPVs in full, don’t watch Rampage, Collision or the Battle of the Belts specials 

ROH - PPVs only

TNA - X clips of moments from Impact, occasionally the specials/PPVs