Heels that people really hate

no user name

As I mentioned in a different post Anthony ogogo was at pro rev last night. 

The crowd really hate him. And not in a we love to hate you way it's a we really hate you way. Some of the best heels haven't been big draws but they have been viable apponents for a top face. Edge is one possible example. 

Do you think there is a place in wrestling for heels that people really hate and wouldn't care if they weren't there as its great to see them get beat? Or do you think they should not be there ? 

3 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Why do people hate Anthony Ogogo? 

He can't really wrestle I don't think. It wasn't clear who the heels and faces were at the event they just cheer everyone. So u think with ogogo they just genuinely don't like him. But I could be wrong 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, no user name said:

It wasn't clear who the heels and faces were at the event they just cheer everyone.

Sounds like pretty much every wrestling event these days.

The art of the conventional heel of the old days is long dead, I mean based on this forum the biggest heel going at the minute is the bloody Rock.

I think now kayfabe is long long dead, people just want to enjoy wrestling, and having a good heel helps with that but they don't really hate them.

People hate heels because they're heels I think a lot of the time these days. Like the Dom Mysterio stuff, you can see when people are booing them they're smiling ear to ear, it's part of rhe act, its fun.

The closest we get is probably Logan Paul currently, but even he has his fans, when he hands out a bottle of prime people are loving it.

Bucks are doing some good stuff in AEW currently, nut they note hated hated.

Your main heels are where there's just no reaction because they're shit, see Baron Corbin, but most of the time we all know it's part of the act and you just go along with it.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Doog said:

The art of the conventional heel of the old days is long dead, I mean based on this forum the biggest heel going at the minute is the bloody Rock.

So the biggest heel at the minute is someone working heel in the main event of Wrestlemania, and somehow that's a bad thing?

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

So the biggest heel at the minute is someone working heel in the main event of Wrestlemania, and somehow that's a bad thing?

Didn't say it was a bad thing, but what I mean is if ever there's an example of someone that so obviously isn't a heel, playing a heel, then that's the one. And let's be honest, the reason people hate him isn't because he's now playing a heel on TV.

Builds into my wider point mind, heels in pro wrestling still work but it's different heat because we know they're not really wankers. Well, most of them.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Vamp said:

Nina Samuels is a good heel, lovely homemade brownies aside. 

Good shout. What a smug bitch. I wish I'd kept up a bit with the House Of Couture storyline, there was a cracking four shot online where it felt so obvious that Morgan was eventually going to take down the other three one at a time before ripping Jinny's head off, but I have no idea what actually ended up happening because I fell out of love with Progress.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Doog said:

And let's be honest, the reason people hate him isn't because he's now playing a heel on TV.

but surely that's what you're asking for? They're not booing him because of the character he's playing on TV, he's playing that character because they're booing him.