Heels that people really hate

no user name

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Looking at a number of VKM's "edicts" over the years, a lot of it just seems to be what the mad old cunt has come to "reckon" over the years, rather than what he's observed, especially as a lot of these commandments have come after decades of operation. When was the Championship-Not-Belt/Title put into practice? Didn't seem to hurt the company during its rise or when it beat wCw.

Also, the insistence on not numbering WrestleManias - after thirty-plus fucking years of doing them numbered, it's suddenly a problem? Didn't seem to bother the NFL with their SuperBowls.

I nearly started a "stuff you've forgotten existed" thread after a trip to watch NXT:UK came up on my Google memories. Another one that then came up was that time Vince decided matches should randomly be 2/3 falls for a bit so they could put adverts between the falls.

Still, if keeping busy thinking up this stuff stops a few women being preyed on in this company for a day or two, it's well worth it.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Whenever Jerry Lawler had "brass knuckles" or something like that concealed in his tights, unless the point was someone else getting their hands on it, there was usually nothing there 

The best thing like that I've seen recently was the ref searching the heel before the match, finding some brass knuckles and confiscating them while the heel protests. Later in the match, he sneaks up on the ref and pickpockets them to get his weapon back.

Regal once hid a second pair of knucks in the turnbuckle. As the ref finds the knucks in his trunks, Spike gets the turnbuckle knucks, hits Regal and wins the Euro Title.

https://youtu.be/rMVRW6V05Yk?si=VPZF1ciYVkxBuf0w

Edited by Version1.0

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Another one that then came up was that time Vince decided matches should randomly be 2/3 falls for a bit so they could put adverts between the falls.

I forgot that. But its perfectly in keeping with a guy that hated tag team wrestling because he didn't like paying four guys for a match instead of two. Why pay wrestlers to do one match when you could get them to do two or three?

But, that kind of flies in the face of some office opinion - how multi-mans should always be one fall instead of elimination so you only put a loss on one guy instead of multiple. i.e. recognising that losing falls can hurt you.

3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Bully Ray is capable of garnering genuine heat.

That TNA character was fantastic, and in retrospect the WWE really missed out by not allowing him to do that routine when he came back (and D-Von retired).  They were crying out for a decent heel at the time, Calfzilla was such a prick.  But they wanted a nostalgia act instead and he went nowhere.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Loki said:

That TNA character was fantastic, and in retrospect the WWE really missed out by not allowing him to do that routine when he came back (and D-Von retired).  They were crying out for a decent heel at the time, Calfzilla was such a prick.  But they wanted a nostalgia act instead and he went nowhere.

Yep….

On 10/21/2023 at 9:37 AM, air_raid said:

Surprises are also a mixed bag with Boogey Man (eh) and Diamond Dallas Page (yay!) showing up, plus hotly rumoured Bubba Ray Dudley who after perfecting his serious heel “Bully Ray” character in TNA, it was disappointing for him to come out as “one of the Dudley Boys circa 2000”. But then what would I expect on a show with the New Age Outlaws on the undercard and Rock interfering in the main?

The more things change….