It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

Saw this scenario mentioned recently - 

Tonight The Rock announces he is in the EC match to be number one contender for Rollins title at Mania, he wins that and announces that the Main Event of Wrestlemania will now be a winner takes all tag match Roman/Rock vs Cody/Rollins.

I mean that couldn't happen could it?! What about DM Hunk?!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Tonight The Rock announces he is in the EC match to be number one contender for Rollins title at Mania, he wins that and announces that the Main Event of Wrestlemania will now be a winner takes all tag match Roman/Rock vs Cody/Rollins.

Sounds like bollocks. Can’t imagine risking Rock before Mania if you’re planning on him wrestling at Mania. Can’t imagine him fannying around working build with five different guys and detracting from the existing issue that already exists with Cody and Rollins as a bit part player. Can’t imagine Drew not winning it. Just can’t imagine it all ends up.

Also

On 2/9/2024 at 6:34 AM, air_raid said:

Poor poster guy better get paid double if it does.

IMG_3249.jpeg

Just now, air_raid said:

Sounds like bollocks. Can’t imagine risking Rock before Mania if you’re planning on him wrestling at Mania. Can’t imagine him fannying around working build with five different guys and detracting from the existing issue that already exists with Cody and Rollins as a bit part player. Can’t imagine Drew not winning it. Just can’t imagine it all ends up.

Also

*Card subject to change

I can't see it either, but playing devils advocate would The Rock really have to do much in the EC? Comes in last, hit a couple of Rock Bottoms and boom he's the winner.

Would be an entertaining few days on here if it did happen.

7 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

*Card subject to change

I can't see it either, but playing devils advocate would The Rock really have to do much in the EC? Comes in last, hit a couple of Rock Bottoms and boom he's the winner.

Would be an entertaining few days on here if it did happen.

That's at least 2 times he could tear something.

• Paid Members

It's not Wrestlemania without some old lads stealing the spotlight from the current crop; having Rock, Triple H and Austin hanging around Roman and Cody and turning it into Attitude Era nostalgia wouldn't surprise me at all.

20 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's not Wrestlemania without some old lads stealing the spotlight from the current crop; having Rock, Triple H and Austin hanging around Roman and Cody and turning it into Attitude Era nostalgia wouldn't surprise me at all.

To be fair, done right I think Austin/Rock passing the baton to Cody/Roman could be a net positive.

They've never really done nostalgia in that way before, with a proper endorsement of two lads as the new Rock/Austin.

I think it could work, and really elevate Cody, in particular, even further.

I don't actually think it's going to happen though, as I'm more convinced by the argument they'll do Rock/Roman v Cody/Rollins; Rollins eats the pin but with a hint of dissension between Rock/Roman; night 2 Rock doesn't save Roman (I don't think they'll have Rock cost him and detract from Cody, but not saving Roman when all else fails I could see) and then we get Rock/Roman at Summerslam where Roman 'loses everything'.

I'm not sure Roman needs the Rock/Austin endorsement, especially as he's already far nearer the end than the beginning of his run and is already at the stage of taking most of the year off.

I'm not sure if I'll buy wrestlemania or not. I don't even watch wwe but it's cody rhodes and without him there wouldn't be aew so I kind of want to watch it for that reason. Plus I've watched a few of last years matches on YouTube and they were very good. The Ripley v flair match was brilliant. I always live good wrestling no matter what promotion it is 

How would you even go about structuring Reigns/Rock vs. Cody/Austin? Presumably you'd have to have Cody as the babyface in peril making the hot tag to Austin and that just feels counter productive. Seth makes more sense because they can "re-injure" him and get the heat on him.

Its not like you can have one of those "moves, moves, moves" tag matches with those 4 guys. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C39z5cwuf7w/?igsh=MmNqZ3d3c2NudnF6

The nervous breakdown continues apace on ol' Dwayne's social media pages.

"It's all fake lads... yeah, scripted... I'm a good guy!"

As good as the TV may be between now and Mania, people better not retrospectively cast this as a great heel run in a few years time. It's at the point where he could actually learn a few things from Logan Paul and Grayson Waller.

What a muscly wally.