It's Wrestlemania Season

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Best let us know what Travel Lodge it is mate, just in case one of us has to come and talk you down off the roof.

The dogs are in the enclosed breakfast buffet area. 

• Paid Members

Random question : they’ve all cited needing to remove Lesnar as another reason that they shit the bed (on top of Punks injury) but have any of the gossip merchants actually suggested who he was planned to wrestle?

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

Random question : they’ve all cited needing to remove Lesnar as another reason that they shit the bed (on top of Punks injury) but have any of the gossip merchants actually suggested who he was planned to wrestle?

I've only seen Gunther mentioned.

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

Lesnar? If I didn’t have such poor signal right now, I’d link to who said it - but he was apparently due to face Dominik Mysterio in Australia, then Gunther at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I think it's worth putting money on, tbh.

God I hope not. Otherwise the last week has been for naught. Imagine realising what the fans want and putting Cody out there at Mania just to beat him again. The good guy has to win eventually, surely? The path to eventual Reigns vs Rock doesn’t need the title. In fact it would be actively better without it.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

God I hope not. Otherwise the last week has been for naught. Imagine realising what the fans want and putting Cody out there at Mania just to beat him again. The good guy has to win eventually, surely? The path to eventual Reigns vs Rock doesn’t need the title. In fact it would be actively better without it.

I think it might, eventually. I could see Rock winning the title from Cody round about Survivor Series or Royal Rumble time, then facing a babyface Reigns at Mania 41. Given that this is the first Netflix Wrestlemania, I would imagine they’ll want to make the biggest matches feel enormous. 

After the event the other night I wouldn't be surprised if Reigns and The Rock had a match for Seth's title while Rollins is made to stand like a gimp at ringside and watch. 

If it's not Rhodes at Wrestlemania then you have to ask who, and when? You wouldn't end a title run of this significance on a bum note and they'd be doing reigns a disservice if the home straight doesn't match the occasion. Unless they're playing the really long game, the only two options I can see short to medium term are Rhodes at Wrestlemania or The Rock. Reigns schedule works really well with the part time champion routine. Reigns showing up on an irregular basis would be more difficult without a title, but some involvement with The Rock after Wrestlemania would actually work. These are good problems to have, it's better to have a multitude of exciting possibilities rather than head into Wrestlemania season with no clear options on the horizon. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I've only seen Gunther mentioned.

7 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Lesnar? If I didn’t have such poor signal right now, I’d link to who said it - but he was apparently due to face Dominik Mysterio in Australia, then Gunther at Wrestlemania.

How interesting……

On 12/12/2023 at 7:17 PM, Jazzy G said:

Gunther Vs Lesnar could be a heck of a match. Big meaty men slapping meat indeed. 

On 12/12/2023 at 8:28 PM, Arch Stanton said:

I'd be more excited for Gunther vs Lesnar than pretty much anything else they could put together for WrestleMania

On 12/12/2023 at 11:19 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

They're not gonna give the IC title to Lesnar so Gunther would have to lose that somewhere between now and then, and who would that be to? Jey Uso?

On 12/13/2023 at 2:08 PM, air_raid said:

Maybe they should. I mentioned Cena earlier in the thread, if we want to go all the way with "this belt is prestigious again" then guys who can main event going after it simply because they haven't held it before, is a good way to go about it. Gunther loses nothing by going down swinging to Lesnar, the belt definitely loses nothing, and instead of thinking "Christ, who do we give THIS rub to" by ending the massive long run of Gunther, you get to give someone else the rub of beating Brock Lesnar for it. And Brock's business, he'll lose to anyone as long as you pay him.

Equally though, they could have Lesnar get cheated by someone unpalatable like Austin Theory instead of making someone new. And then segue into the story I want, Cena going after the ICT to complete the set.

…… “Fantasy booking is shit” apparently but I always like when the company ends up with the same ideas that we did. Unfortunately because Brock turned out to be a wrong’un Dev may get his wish of Gunther vs Uso, now that the Sun has Set on Gunther vs Lesnar. Heh.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Unfortunately because Brock turned out to be a wrong’un Dev may get his wish of Gunther vs Uso, now that the Sun has Set on Gunther vs Lesnar. Heh.

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

How interesting……

…… “Fantasy booking is shit” apparently but I always like when the company ends up with the same ideas that we did. Unfortunately because Brock turned out to be a wrong’un Dev may get his wish of Gunther vs Uso, now that the Sun has Set on Gunther vs Lesnar. Heh.

There's some history to it, as it was rumoured for last year's Wrestlemania. The staredown in the Rumble seen as a tease for it. When it be became apparent it wasn't happening and getting Lesnar v. Omos instead. that was seen as a sign Vince was meddling in HHH's creative. May have been some politicking from Lesnar as well. As one of the reasons coming out was that Gunther needed some "seasoning". Circling back there a year later does give that idea some credence.

6 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

I think it’s likely they end up doing Jimmy vs Jey at Mania so could see Jimmy costing Jey the title against Gunther on a Raw between now and then. Maybe Sami against Gunther for Mania then? 

That was my first thought. I'd be very surprised if the Uso match didn't happen. And if Sami isn't getting involved in anything Seth related then I think they could a lot worse than having him against Gunther. Sami has a decent history with the IC title too.