DavidB6937 Posted January 30, 2024 Posted January 30, 2024 Most of them deserve it for one reason or another. But deathrey is pretty underappreciated.
RedRooster Posted January 30, 2024 Posted January 30, 2024 A great bunch here, but I’m gonna vote for @Hannibal Scorch. A lovely guy who I have a lot of time for.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2024 4 minutes ago, RedRooster said: A great bunch here, but I’m gonna vote for @Hannibal Scorch. A lovely guy who I have a lot of time for. I’m very touched please PM your address so I can send the check in the post. I’ll be delighted to lose to all of those nominated, because they really are sound people. But I’ll vote for someone who has been very kind to me this year in @Devon Malcolm but honestly all of those people deserve a nomination.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 30, 2024 It kind of feels wrong that there are 7 good eggs on that list. 6 or 12 would be more appropriate. They are all lovely folks though, if a 7 way tie could be arranged then justice would be done.
Keith Houchen Posted January 31, 2024 Posted January 31, 2024 47 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: It kind of feels wrong that there are 7 good eggs on that list. 6 or 12 would be more appropriate @gmoney still may have an appropriate storage solution.
DavidB6937 Posted January 31, 2024 Posted January 31, 2024 7 hours ago, RedRooster said: A great bunch here, but I’m gonna vote for @Hannibal Scorch. A lovely guy who I have a lot of time for. This is actually nice to see. To say that I often have differing opinions from him would be an understatement to say the least, and it often gets a little childish when it shouldn't, so to know beyond that is a decent bloke is good to hear. I think it just shows we've got a mostly good bunch of people here, despite the occasional spat or whatever. No one's actually just out to be a dick and cause trouble.
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 Thank you for your votes. Everybody on this list is well deserving, but should I not be ineligible as a previous winner?
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 1 hour ago, Jazzy G said: Thank you for your votes. Everybody on this list is well deserving, but should I not be ineligible as a previous winner? I thought that was the Unsung Poster award?
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 2 hours ago, Jazzy G said: Thank you for your votes. Everybody on this list is well deserving, but should I not be ineligible as a previous winner? Repeats are allowed for all awards except Unsung for which you need to have never won any. Ian won On Topic POTY about 37 years in a row, IIRC.
Keith Houchen Posted January 31, 2024 Posted January 31, 2024 There was one year when the winner of the previous “Good” awards were excluded for nominations.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 6 minutes ago, air_raid said: Repeats are allowed for all awards except Unsung for which you need to have never won any. Ian won On Topic POTY about 37 years in a row, IIRC. Or the Wand award for MMA Poster that he will win every year until the heat death of the universe.
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 Ah, ok. I didn't realise. Still, there are people who were better Augs than I was last year.
Recommended Posts