Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Noam Chomsky at 95, I'm actually ready to come back and edit this as the only news source so far to say it is the Jacobin.

Edit: also, the New Statesman

New Statesman have deleted the story. He had a massive stroke a few days ago, so I suspect either they have jumped the gun on the obituary, or they announced before they had the family’s consent.

88, not a bad innings. 

Hell of an actor who had a tremendous career. Will always associate him with his stuff in the early-to-late 70s, particularly Don't Look Now. He was also very good in stuff like MASH, Klute, Day of the Locust and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Bit mad he never received an Oscar nod for something, but here we are.

RIP.

Edited by SaitoRyo

• Paid Members

That's dreadful news. One of my favourites. Kelly's Heroes is my favourite movie and he's as much to do with it as anyone. I love his little cameo in JFK as well. Just immensely watchable in everything that he did. A gem of an actor. 

• Paid Members

Obviously not as big a name as Donald Sutherland (RIP, he was a fine actor), Steve Sweeney sadly passed away at the age of 74. He's best known for his roles in Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels and Nil by Mouth.

images.jpeg

• Paid Members

A good run for Donald Sutherland, one of the best to ever do it. All the aforementioned, and also had a bit of an underrated turn in A Time To Kill.

• Paid Members

Thanks, I assume, to this thread I had a dream about Donald Sutherland last night where he chased me through the garages in a pea green Volkswagen Polo. I threw a potato at him in an attempt to fight him off, but he grabbed both my arms and went to kick a hole right through my midsection as I woke myself up.