1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Also, I think it was someone on here who brought it to my attention first, but once you notice how Darby Allin takes ridiculously massive breaths during his promos

Sounds like a sex pest. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Revolution is his final match and presumably final appearance. 

Not necessarily final appearance - Tony Khan has said that he hopes Sting will remain part of AEW in some capacity, presumably doing the odd special appearance and so on.

• Paid Members

So yeah Revolution is exciting and all that shite, but they've also announced that Dynamite is getting a new entrance set after the PPV and I'm weirdly more excited for that than Sting's retirement match. I hate the current setup. I hope they go for something big, mad and colourful and not just a bunch of LED screens. 

26 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

So yeah Revolution is exciting and all that shite, but they've also announced that Dynamite is getting a new entrance set after the PPV and I'm weirdly more excited for that than Sting's retirement match. I hate the current setup. I hope they go for something big, mad and colourful and not just a bunch of LED screens. 

And hopefully means the end “Light the fuse, bring the boom, dynamite!”

• Paid Members

Another strong Dynamite for me, really enjoyed it.

Mox vs Dax was right up my street. Great match. Nobody has ever played the tweener role better than BCC, they can flit between face and heel effortlessly depending on the opponent.

Adam Cole playing it all cool then struggling to take his headset off sums him up. Fucking geek.

Garcia vs Copeland was another cracker. AEW do DQ finishes so infrequently that it actually works in generating heel heat when it does happen. Christian vs Garcia at Revolution and Christian vs Copeland at Big Business wouldn't be a bad way to go.

The 3-way promo was excellent. Swerve is slowly becoming a mega-face in my eyes, I was with him every step of the way here. Joe is just the ultimate bad-ass. Hangman is playing the desperate obsessed petty bloke perfectly. All good stuff.

It was only a few weeks back I mentioned the Succession theme was my pick for heel theme music. Happy to report Young Bucks have shamelessly ripped it off to go with their new EVP characters. I seem to be in the minority of really liking Darby's promo, he never sounds the most polished but always sounds believable. I didn't get much of a 'shoot promo!' vibe from it, more that Young Bucks are EVPs abusing their power and Darby pointing out that's always been the case.

It took him 2 years, but Stokeley Hathaway is involved in something entertaining! I think this could all lead to a Kris Statlander heel turn somehow.

Brilliant main event. That table bump was insane. AEW are really good at nailing these gimmick matches, even if 'Texas Death Match everytime they're in Austin' has become the new 'Hell In A Cell every October'. I used to really dislike Matt Taven but the lad has won me over the past year.

Was really puzzled that Callis was building up to a Takeshita vs Will Hobbs match, then he said 'Ospreay' and I marked out. Completely forgot he was coming in!

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

It took him 2 years, but Stokeley Hathaway is involved in something entertaining! I think this could all lead to a Kris Statlander heel turn somehow.

Brilliant main event. That table bump was insane. AEW are really good at nailing these gimmick matches, even if 'Texas Death Match everytime they're in Austin' has become the new 'Hell In A Cell every October'. I used to really dislike Matt Taven but the lad has won me over the past year.

Statlander heel turn would be devastating for me. Her and Willow are the most believable and likeable mates and babyfaces I can think of in wrestling, I love them and would be heartbroken with a heel turn from either. 

That's one of the fun things about AEW, they can schedule a match on paper that looks like absolutely nothing and then it turns out to be an absolute surprise banger.

I realise I’m probably in the minority here, but why are they feeding Takeshita to Osprey?

I’m sure it will be a good match and all, and that probably is the sole reason for it, but Osprey isn’t going to be losing his first match as an AEW roster member. You could argue that with such a foregone conclusion it really doesn’t matter who he faces, but Takeshita beat Omega twice last year and it now feels like that didn’t matter one iota.

If you want someone who can take a loss without losing momentum from it but still give Osprey a decent match, stick him in there with Brian Cage. They’ve worked together before in Warrior Wrestling but it’ll be fresh to most of the AEW crowd.

Like I say, I’m probably reading too much into it, I just don’t feel like Takeshita should be the fodder for Osprey

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Like I say, I’m probably reading too much into it, I just don’t feel like Takeshita should be the fodder for Osprey

I feel the same. I understand the logic behind it as the match will be tremendous and a perfect fit for both men but yeah Takeshita is incredible and needs to be protected at this point in his career. The inconsistent booking around him is very frustrating and as you say, he's beaten Omega twice and it's all felt inconsequential. Hopefully they've got a good angle/story for it and this is just the jumping off point but I don't have high hopes.