AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I have stared at this picture for a good 5 minutes and I can't work out if it looks more like Hangman, Dax Harwood or The Butcher.

One thing I do know, is that you have to have a smashing moustache to pull off that kind of menacing gurn without it looking like the vending machine has just taken your money without dropping the goods.

Screenshot_20240705_202313_X.jpg

Edited by Nick James

The real MJF is finally back. It's taken them ages for him to go home to his natural habitat and be who  he is. He did it fantastically well. I'll be tuning in next week to see if he appears on this show.

• Paid Members

He's opening the show on Collision tomorrow night if you want to catch his follow up promo. 

Look at me, Excalibur-plugging-the-next-episode-Jones over here. 

1 minute ago, JLM said:

He's opening the show on Collision tomorrow night if you want to catch his follow up promo. 

Look at me, Excalibur-plugging-the-next-episode-Jones over here. 

Oh is he now, thank you for the heads up, I'll catch it on YouTube come Sunday.  Good I don't have to wait until next Thursday to hear hin speak. 

• Paid Members

Massively pumped for Hangman vs Danielson. It's rare to get a match where you genuinely don't know who wins, the stakes are so high from both a match and story perspective and between two men who have already 3 absolutely incredible matches together. Either could win and it'll feel like a huge result not just for the winner but also for what the loser will do next. 

Personally, I'm hoping for a Hangman win. The new evil Hangman taking the title at the end of All In is my dream. We feel like we're on the cusp of something special here. Hangman, as well as being a fantastic wrestler, must be one of the best long term character stories in wrestling history. It's rare in wrestling to be able to trace a characters journey and it feel like one long logical and engrossing developing story.

• Paid Members

Yep, got to be Hangman. I think The Bucks don’t give up after Wednesday’s rejection. Okada in some way instrumental in the result, so we get Unhinged Hangman vs Swerve for all the marbles AND we get Okada vs Danielson 3 for All In. They finally deliver the match they’ve been teasing in the series decider at Wembley. 

• Paid Members

IMG_8769.thumb.jpeg.c92dc8ea0477770b950bdc133b9132bb.jpeg

IMG_8770.thumb.jpeg.dbdf2f73e73c333aa34efe70235c97d5.jpeg

Nice Owen Hart Foundation Memorial Tournament you’re having, Bryan. Would be a shame if someone…ruined it.

But yeah. Big Nige interference or otherwise, Hangman all the way. He’s been back less than a week and he’s already the best character in all of pro-wrestling again.  He’s just the absolute best and not enough people talk about it. Even the match graphics! They’re a work of art. He’s completely lost his mind.

This is how I imagine those graphics are going to evolve as he gets crazier and crazier, leading into the match with Swerve.

FF1BB03C-F9B3-41DC-A7E1-AC5121B03379.thumb.jpeg.e8fe8847ad6a6b268e8e152c9b850f83.jpeg

50 minutes ago, JLM said:

Yep, got to be Hangman. I think The Bucks don’t give up after Wednesday’s rejection. Okada in some way instrumental in the result, so we get Unhinged Hangman vs Swerve for all the marbles AND we get Okada vs Danielson 3 for All In. They finally deliver the match they’ve been teasing in the series decider at Wembley. 

Yeah I'd be up for this.

Initially thought that maybe the Bucks get involved and then we get Danielson in B&G then some kind of stadium stampede match at Wembley.

Would much prefer him have a big singles match though, and not against Nigel McGuinness.

• Paid Members

It is a sad reflection of our society that Hangman is the heel in this story.

We all need to take a look at ourselves.

• Paid Members

Hangman turning heel is the only turn in history to actually get a genuine emotional response from me. Unless you count surprise, a few have surprised me. Even now I'm a bit saddened that my beloved cowboy is a heel.

But by God it's some good work.

• Paid Members

Yeah Hangman is going to need to do some really gnarly and horrendous shit for me to boo him. Even post Swerve, there's loads of great new feuds for heel Hangman - Ospreay, Darby Allin, Orange Cassidy will be three of the best matches we'll ever see.

Looking much further down the line, his eventual redemption and babyface return is going to be spectacular.

AEW is, and always has been, the story of Hangman Page as far as I'm concerned.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Looking much further down the line, his eventual redemption and babyface return is going to be spectacular.

AEW is, and always has been, the story of Hangman Page as far as I'm concerned.

I remain 100% convinced that the pay-off to the current Elite storyline will be, at least in part, Hangman/Omega vs. Young Bucks Part 2 at Revolution next year, five years since the original. AEW is the story of the Elite, and the story of the Elite is the story of Hangman Page.