This isn't Jericho himself so much, but I always thought the way he won the title at the start was a bit shit. 

Just the idea that Kenny and Jericho have a singles match to face the winner of a battle royal to decide the first champion.

And then his whole faces of Jericho "I'm like the David Bowie of wrestling" entrance. And his initially shit finisher. 

8 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Well, this one. As it’s relevant for tonight’s show. 

I was only joking and to be honest, that's not even what I was referring to, never mind.

You know me. I love a bit of drama. Show it all! I hope there's footage of Punk trying to navigate the Hounslow terminal loops.

Jericho is as ever a right difficult one to figure out. He was really important to the start of AEW and I'd almost say that even though the JAS angle went on way too long, 2022 was possibly one of his best in-ring performance runs. It seems like after he put Ricky Starks over at Revolution 2023 (great ending that with Starks using his pose to block the Judas Effect), everything just went completely off the rails. As a performer he dropped, as a promo he dropped, as a character with all that joining but not joining Don Callis group and every angle he got involved with (Adam Cole, Sammy heel, Golden Jets) just went to shit. He's been due a fuck off and come back refreshed for about over a year now. Poor Hook.

What's more frustrating about Jericho is if he buggered off and came back with something, he'd probably get another fun run out of him. He's both remarkably inconsistent but impressively consistent at doing the Bowie/Madonna minor alteration to his act. Guy got clicking a pen over. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Chili said:

Guy got clicking a pen over.

Then he should go all the way and bring a clipboard with him so he can write down his 1004 holds.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Genuine question, Do you actually watch any AEW or you just here for making quips?  

I just come here to segue into talking about the 90s any way I can.

…. you weren’t talking to me, were ya.

holding it in fired up GIF by WWE

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Genuine question, Do you actually watch any AEW or you just here for making quips?  

I know this isn't directed at me but I will answer anyway. I like quips, flips and chips that's why I'm here. AEW provides one of those three, that's why I watch and Tony Khan's booking is neither funny nor potato based, though some of his ideas are only half baked, am I right guys!!!!!????

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I like quips, flips and chips that's why I'm here.

I prefer bodyslams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams.

• Paid Members

I also like raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens but since WCW went out of business they've stopped having the "Thing on a pole" match quite so much and you don't get any of them anymore.

• Paid Members

“ Sometimes you can’t let someone get close. I didn’t punch anybody I just choked someone a little bit”

If you thought/think Punks a saint or that he’s the man, you probably still do. If you think Punk is unprofessional and a man baby, this confirmed it. It also confirmed he lied about Jack Perry’s actions. He tried to sucker him, he failed to choke him for more then 2 seconds and Jack never squared up to Punk. Now we know, now we move on. I thought both the Bucks and FTR did great work here weaving it into the PPV match and I assume the next blood and guts with the return of Jack Perry.

I've no idea why (maybe it's the blurred faces) but it reminded me of the footage that TNA showed of the James Gang showing up at the studio where the WWE were filming a Royal Rumble video. 

Still, Punk's a prick. Who knew?

• Paid Members

Whilst you all just want to watch the juicy bit, I recommend the whole segment to at least give some context

As to the rest of the show, Copeland vs Penta was a real surprise in quality, he’s really got his work boots on now he’s in AEW. I’m going to watch hour 2 in the morning.

I, for one, am stunned that this has changed nobody's opinion and was a complete waste of time.

Still, Will Ospreay recycled a joke he heard 20 years ago so alls well.

I bet Edge is delighted he did that promo.

I thought everything else on the show was good, but all anyone will care about is the Punk footage and Ospreay promo and I thought they were both beyond shit. In a week where WWE reminded everyone how wrestling can be fun, AEW reminded me how fucking petty and pathetic it can be.

Yes, I know WWE are just as bad, but at least they didn't put it all over their actual product. Which, ironically, was the same opinion I held before Dynamite and it hasn't changed at all. Funny that.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz