Kevin Dunn leaving WWE

seph

• Paid Members

Source - PWInsider.

"Of course, this leaves us all with a very interesting question - what will WWE production look like post-Kevin Dunn?"

Hopefully with a camera cut once ever ten seconds instead of one tenth of a second.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I predict nothing will change. They have their house style now, someone will just keep it up.

We are told that a big factor in his decision to retire is changes made internally post-Endeavor acquisition and as one source stated, that Dunn was "never going to do anything that was dictacted" to him, as opposed to how he personally oversaw production in the past.  We are told this was not an issue of creative but two differing versions of how things should be run from a TV production perspective as WWE's new owner seeks to cut costs.

From seph's article up there.

Sounds like there very much will be change.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

From seph's article up there.

Sounds like there very much will be change.

Good. I mean I think it needs a kick up the arse, but when he’s not been there to oversee things recently, and there are a few shows he’s missed this year, it wasn’t noticeable.

41 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Good. I mean I think it needs a kick up the arse, but when he’s not been there to oversee things recently, and there are a few shows he’s missed this year, it wasn’t noticeable.

They wouldn't just change style from one week to the next though. It'd be kept consistent even if he wasn't around for a bit.

Him not being around AT ALL now is a whole different thing.

• Paid Members

The production team going forward might possibly feature a lot of cross over staff from the UFC. Sorry. "Synergies". Both could evolve from how they are done now, to end up being produced fairly similarly to each other in the by the end of the teething period. 

• Paid Members

Will be interesting to see where they go with a replacement. I'm sure I saw rumours a few years ago that Triple H had earmarked Michael Cole for the job as & when he ascended to the top spot, but things might be different in the Endeavor world.

19 minutes ago, Statto said:

Will be interesting to see where they go with a replacement. I'm sure I saw rumours a few years ago that Triple H had earmarked Michael Cole for the job as & when he ascended to the top spot, but things might be different in the Endeavor world.

Wasn't it said that Cole was given the head production role over the 2018 UK Tournament? It was his first shot at it or something.