The True Spirit Of Christmas

Lion_of_the_Midlands

I’m not a fan of Christmas puddings, mince pies or Christmas cake. But I do like Christmas dinner itself. 

I love the movies, with Muppet Christmas Carol, Home Alone 1 & 2 and a handful of others getting an airing in my house every year. I don’t bother with Christmas telly other than Coronation Street and I hear the same old Xmas songs in my job so often that I pretty much can’t stand any except for John Lennon and Stop The Cavalry. 

I do all my shopping online because I can’t handle the crowds. I’m 75% a Grinch, 25% a fatty who just wants to eat chocolate whilst watching Michael Caine singing until January until it’s all over. 

Stay Another Day is about Tony Mortimer’s brother’s suicide, which makes it a very odd choice for a Lidl ad.

It does explain why it’s just a haunting and melancholic Xmas song though, as it’s not really about Xmas at all. it’s 

4 hours ago, Loki said:

Ryan O’Neal had a lovely late gig playing a character on Bones, which was a bit of a blanket watch for Mrs Loki and I during lockdown.

But all accounts rather hard to deal with in his prime, it was nice to see him having fun on a telly show. it’s 

17 minutes ago, Loki said:

Stay Another Day is about Tony Mortimer’s brother’s suicide, which makes it a very odd choice for a Lidl ad.

It does explain why it’s just a haunting and melancholic Xmas song though, as it’s not really about Xmas at all. it’s 

Loki, this is the second time today you've ended your post with "it's" and then nothing else.

Do you have narcolepsy?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

If you go in Lidl at the wrong time suicide can often look like the best way out. it's

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Loki, this is the second time today you've ended your post with "it's" and then nothing else.

When I read the word "It's" on its own, my brain automatically starts playing the Monty Python theme.