The True Spirit Of Christmas

Lion_of_the_Midlands

• Paid Members

First off, cards on the table. I'm not the most christmassy person. I like all the food obviously, but enforced fun. Not really my thing. 

So anyway, today I got this Christmas card, and to me it begs the question: Is this Christmassy? It seems to imply that the cow has eaten Santa and all that is left is his hat, or that the cow has chased Santa who dropped his hat and the cow is now going to eat it. 

Obviously there are loads of things that are traditional on cards. Santa, reindeer, robins, snowmen (Or snowpersons) Christmas trees, but cows? Outside the nativity are they traditional. Does this card invoke the Christmas spirit? 

Obviously this card wasn't from Ralphy but bonus points to anyone who has a Christmas card with biscuits on it. 

20231211_124001.thumb.jpg.0f4560cdf9040d4ec804a33826a350be.jpg

If Elf on a fucking Shelf is "Christmassy" then yeah I think that counts. Lovely card.

Anyone else playing "Whamageddon"? Not normally the "wacky" fun I go in for, but the kids are trying to get me to lose and are failing miserably. Voice notes, blind links etc. The little shits, they will never win.

I did like the story of the stadium DJ playing it at Northampton Town and knocking out thousands of players at once.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Anyone else playing "Whamageddon"? Not normally the "wacky" fun I go in for, but the kids are trying to get me to lose and are failing miserably. Voice notes, blind links etc. The little shits, they will never win.

Every shitty Irish folk band and tone deaf cunt that plays in the downstairs pub does a cover of it so I'd lost by December 2nd.

23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Every shitty Irish folk band and tone deaf cunt that plays in the downstairs pub does a cover of it so I'd lost by December 2nd.

According to the game’s website (yes, it has its own website)

“Rule #3 - only the original version applies. Enjoy the
?#!$&%! out of remixes & covers”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

According to the game’s website (yes, it has its own website)

“Rule #3 - only the original version applies. Enjoy the
?#!$&%! out of remixes & covers”

Either way, I'm still losing. Quare Craic are on at the weekend :(

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Whamageddon is the sort of thing that shouldn't be taken at all seriously but is. We play a less rigorous version of it but we use the true king of Christmas songs, Stay Another Day by East 17. 

So you play on easy mode?

I don't know when, but I just completely fell out of love with Christmas at some point. I get asked what presents I want and I never know because I've never thought about it. I'd usually just buy it myself. Also last few Christmases it's just not been affordable so they're always fun familial conversations. The movies are mostly shit, the music is mostly just ok at best and definitely was not is, Christmas markets are just horrible overpriced cattle markets for men in bad jumpers and lasses dressed vaguely like they're in the Last Christmas video. Everyone looks like a miserable extra in the big scene of a Richard Curtis movie. 

I think this is definitely an effect of time, age, living in house shares, being generally a bit of a loner and finding the pressure of Christmas and the month of December a bit too much. I don't hate Christmas, I just don't find any fun in it. Which I guess is kinda jaded and sad. Not intending to have kids either so probably not my thing anymore. I hope nobodies post is as meh about it as mine.

Edited by Chili