• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

OK, even if they did break up: he loves Rachel so much that within HOURS he's sleeping with the Xerox girl? I can't be having that.

I mean she is fit, but again, Rachel is the love of his life, Ross is a pretty pragmatic guy who took forever to get with Rachel, so it's really out of character for him. I don't buy it at all, and I'm with Rachel all the way. 

Rachel says let's take a break. Ross thinks they mean a break from arguing, but Rachel makes it clear that she wants a break from him.

He calls her later to try and patch things up, and not only has Mark got straight in there, she lies to him about Mark being there.

I can totally understand the betrayal that Ross feels.

David Schwimmer from season 5 onwards utterly steals FRIENDS. Ross' mental breakdown into essentially becoming Kramer is superb. He's the highlight of those later seasons, he even makes that god awful Rachael/Joey forced romance work when he's involved. 

Was really sad about Matthew Perry. I read his book last year and was shocked about just how honest and graphic he was. A troubled guy but Chandler from 1-4 was the best thing about the biggest show on the planet. Bar Joey though, he should have dropped all those others. Joey was the only one who laughed at his jokes.

• Paid Members

Re : Ross shagging Chloe so soon into thinking Rachel was finished with him even though she was his lobster… it’s a coping mechanism. Sometimes - and I speak from experience - when you’re at the peak of despair feeling rejection from the one you care about most, it’s easy to accept affection from the first person that offers it you. It’s a validation thing, restores some of your lost self-worth, makes you feel wanted and worthy of love again right when you feel worst. Ross certainly had a pattern in that regard, we learned earlier in the same series he tried to shag Phoebe within no time of learning that his marriage to Carol had truly hit the wall.

19 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Just finished series 3, and it's a belter of a series isn't it?

Special mention to Heckles cock-blocking Chandlers intended new roommate in that same flashback episode.

37 minutes ago, Factotum said:

He's the highlight of those later seasons, he even makes that god awful Rachael/Joey forced romance work when he's involved. 

im fine ross geller GIF

51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Joey and Rachel was far better than Ross and Rachel and they should’ve ended up together. 

Being a Joey Truther is worse than being a Ross Truther ffs!

She should've of course ended up with her one true love, Gunther. He never would've cheated on her.

Thinking about it, all of them are pretty disloyal to their partners of the time, often kissing/sleeping with people while in a relationship or like Air Raid says, immediately after a break up.

Slags, the lot of them.

Just watched The One With The Embryos aka the quiz one. Its got to be the best Friends episode hasn't it?

I love how much effort Ross went to, down to the little hand written bolts on each 'lightning round' card. 

God I wish there was an outtake where we could see the rest of the questions. 

I've had it on pretty much constantly in the background whilst working and in the evenings (it really is the easiest watch)

Series 4 only really has two storylines and they are Joey/Chandler and Kathy and Ross and Emily, but it's still really good, and also starts with a cracking episode, having left us with a superb cliffhanger with Bonnie and Rachel.

Monica has absolutely fuck all to do in this series, and is just there. It's really noticeable (to me anyway) but I like how they do switch apartments for a bit.

The London episodes I feel are really good, and the cameos genuinely well done (Hugh Laurie especially) and again, cracking cliffhanger.

Series 5 is pretty shit IMO. I don't care about the Emily storyline and never did so that doesn't help. If I was Ross I would've called Mrs Waltham.

Monica and Chandler sneaking about and Ross eventually finding out is really great, along with Ross and his sandwich (I love the way be says "Monica????" when he is on a sedative with the candy floss) and again it ends with a superb series finale. Friends was really good at the series endings.

Series 5 also features Michael fucking Rapaport, so it gets marked down at least 4 points. Cunt plays cunt. And a cop cunt as well!!!

Also, there is one episode where Monica gets a cup of tea and walks towards where the audience would be for a good few seconds and then comes back into shot. Where does she go? What's on "our wall"? Threw me big time.

And also, Phoebe asks Monica and Chandler if they can look after some puppies (read: the triplets) and also looks after a puppy before she "gives" it to Frank and Alice, and Chandler doesn't bat an eyelid. But in a later series he says he is scared of dogs. Could he BE any more confused?

Don't worry, I've re-downloaded Bumble.

Edit: Forgot to add the really shit characters from those two series.

Joshua
Danny
Danny's sister
Gary

Edited by SuperBacon
RAPAPORT CUNT!!!!

17 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Also, there is one episode where Monica gets a cup of tea and walks towards where the audience would be for a good few seconds and then comes back into shot. Where does she go? What's on "our wall"? Threw me big time.

I've got to a point where I'm watching Season 5 from a live audience perspective (the writing quality has dropped-off substantially from season 2-4, leaning a lot into stereotypical character catchphrases i.e. Joey constantly "how you doin" in every other episode) and finding it challenging to view again from an enjoyable TV show perspective. Actually picking up on a fair few live show moments like that and also imagining what a gig of a lifetime it must have been for the actors and crew

On 11/3/2023 at 10:14 PM, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Rachel says let's take a break. Ross thinks they mean a break from arguing, but Rachel makes it clear that she wants a break from him.

He calls her later to try and patch things up, and not only has Mark got straight in there, she lies to him about Mark being there.

I can totally understand the betrayal that Ross feels.

Also, when Rachel goes to Ross' apartment the next day she says "can I be your girlfriend again". So as far as she was concerned, they were broken up. 

Daft of Ross to shag annoying printer girl so quickly, but he didn't cheat on Rachel. 

Fact. 

Series 6 is another one that in my opinion is quite subpar and coasts, but it does have The One on The Last Night ("I'll mark this box 'what were you thinking'"? I was just about to run across the hall and write that on Chandler" is both a cracking line and harsh on Chan Chan), Ross' British accent, Cups, Joeys Porsche, Phoebe running, Ross' teeth, the routine, unagi and Bruce Willis in one of the all time great cameos.

The flashback episodes are a bit shit, and the Phoebe bit especially is so jarring and I don't like it.

Series 7 is a bit better so far and has Joey as a 19yo "sup with the wack sup" which is always funny, and Ross and Joey napping together.

Crap characters added to the list: C.H.E.E.S.E. and Ben. 

CBA with write ups at the moment but I've made it to the start of the last series and the last couple of series have been suitably silly and better than the middle ones which I feel sag.

And Mike has turned up and I love Mike.

Also I forgot just what an absolute cock Ross is towards Sandy, the male nanny, and its made me really sour on him. "You've gotta be at least Bi" is a rank line, and not in a "Man those were different times!" way, it's just a rank line, and Ross is a twat.

Shitty character additions: 

Mona (ridiculously fit though)
Jim (Phoebe's "perfect" man)
Wendy
Gavin

Reached Joey/Rachel time. Ugh.