15 minutes ago, Loki said:

For me, the single greatest line in the whole of Friends was in the episode where Ross and Monica's nan died, and at the funeral Joey and Monica's Dad are watching the football game on a portable tv, and the Jets score or whatever "Now I'm depressed!".

This reminds me of when my now ex brother in law got married. His bride is a Bolton fan and they were playing on the wedding day. You that line where the happy couple welcome everyone in to the reception? Well, when it was my turn to congratulate them, I said “Finished 3-0 to Bolton” and she said “Yea! Oh that’s made my day!”

• Paid Members

my favourite line in all of Friends is when Bruce Willis' character asks Chandler, "did your dad ever hug you?", and a completely panicked Chandler responds, "No...did he hug you?". It's tied up in some of the odd queer panic writing that hasn't aged well around Chandler and his dad, but it's just a perfectly delivered gag.

Edited by BomberPat

42 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

For all it's many flaws over it's run I reckon the one where the boys face the girl in a quiz and Joey/Chandler win the girls apartment is pretty much a completely perfect sitcom episode.

Joeys reaction to the girls getting the Maurice the Space Cowboy question right makes me so happy.

58 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Joeys reaction to the girls getting the Maurice the Space Cowboy question right makes me so happy.

Another one is when they track down a girl (possibly stole a ring or something) and she said “Who are you, the Hardy Boys” or something and Joey looks chuffed for a second. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

For all it's many flaws over it's run I reckon the one where the boys face the girl in a quiz and Joey/Chandler win the girls apartment is pretty much a completely perfect sitcom episode.

That was my go to episode as soon as I heard the Matthew Perry news. I love that episode. 

• Paid Members

I always enjoyed Friends. When the first series started I was totally on board with Chandler as the funniest one, but as it went by I began to love the little bits of physical comedy from Ross. I think while Perry was the funniest 'joker', Schwimmer had better instincts for comedy, he knew when an understated look was funnier than a quip or a big face pull. 

Didn’t Ross get written as more annoying because David Schwimmer led the campaign for parity between the male and female actors salary, so that was their way at getting back at him. 

When I think of him now, it’s usually that shoplifting lookalike and the video he did to show it wasn’t him that springs to mind.