Sack Of Shit

wandshogun09

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

3 pages and no one has included the Canadian Destroyer

Welllll.....

23 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Not finishers but maybe a signature move they’d always do as part of their repertoire.

...... people using the Canadian Destroyer as just a move and not their finish should be shot into the sun.

Eddie Guerrero's slingshot hilo was a thing of beauty. Often imitated, never quite duplicated.

It's a very satisfying move to watch, but it also looks like it hurts the guy taking it - which is true of the one RVD took from the top of the ladder, as it apparently moved his rib and caused him grief for years! 

• Paid Members
On 10/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, Carbomb said:

Always had time for Bret's Russian Legsweep too - not just because it looked good, but because it just seemed like it fit his style perfectly. 

I saw Virgil beat a jobber with it on Wrestling Challenge making it a clear finisher!

• Paid Members

I think the reason Bret’s barely came up in this thread is probably because pretty much everything he did looked so spot on. So if it was body slams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks or power slams you were after…Bret was on the money with all of them.

I’ll throw in his piledriver though 😍

IMB_d7OaNS.gif

IMB_QlhVX3.gif

IMB_lkbPSa.gif

IMB_FvBUbK.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

To be honest Bret's piledriver might be the single greatest wrestling move of all time.  Even when you know exactly how he does it, in realtime it always looks like it should kill his opponent.  It's the perfect blend of technique, timing and visual appeal.  It's the sort of move that made people back in the day go "look, this has to be real".

A good piledriver like that imo should be a finisher, no kicking out.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
On 10/24/2023 at 10:24 PM, tiger_rick said:

I saw Virgil beat a jobber with it on Wrestling Challenge making it a clear finisher!

Yeh, but it wasn't Bret's though! Brad Armstrong also did it as a finish, which is why I didn't mention that, even though that was lush as well.