Sack Of Shit

wandshogun09

8 hours ago, air_raid said:

I always had a lot of time for (fake video game-name klaxon) The Maivia Hurricane. Yes, it was sloppy sometimes. But when he nailed it, it made him look like one of the best wrestlers on the planet.

On WWF Attitude on the PS1 the move was called Laying the Smackdown, and I'd make it a finisher for my go-to created wrestler Mr. Showtime (who was born in that very game!) I've also seen it listed as "jump-swinging DDT" but can't remember where. I loved it but yep, it could look real sloppy.

Was also a fan of X-Pac leg drop but I probably preferred D'Lo's standing leg drop! Added arm signals and head wiggles and stuff.

• Paid Members

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the sidewalk slam, as performed ONLY by the patron saint of the UKFF, Kevin Nash. Wasn't his finish, but in his prime still looked like he was absolutely WASTING his opponent.

20 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Ever since I heard Scott Hall call the fall away slam "sack of shit", some 10 years ago or more, any time anyone sets up for that, I just say it in my head. Like when Hangman does it "sack of shit".

My first memory of the name being alluded to was at Survivors 96 when Fake Razor did it and Cornette on comms said "It's the SOS! And it has claimed another victim!" and when JR tongue in cheek asked what it meant, he replied "I can't tell you, it's a secret."

9 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I always liked the sliding forearm to a seated opponent Masato Tanaka did the few times I saw it. Google tells me it's apparently called the "sliding D".

I always liked his roaring elbow and tornado DDT too, but I don't think they're in the spirit of the thread.

Yup, although he did use it as a finisher quite often too, rather than just a signature. "D" being short for "dangan" which as well as the name of his entrance theme, means "bullet" in Nipponese. So, "sliding bullet" in a manner of speaking.

His tornado DDT was a thing of beauty although took a bit of a back seat to Diamond Dust.

• Paid Members

Few more.

Similar vein to Kid’s leg drop, not the best example of it here but Great Muta’s power drive elbow always looked cool as fuck to me…

image.gif.4913c8ed8a162358b014f6823124ceba.gif

Arn Anderson’s DDT was fantastic. One of the best for me. But the version where he’d occasionally fake the punch first to get them to duck was class…

image.gif.fcc3be38f3fbf38d2473e23582031fb4.gif

Dynamite Kid’s knee drop…

image.gif.6480ccd4ee9e790cc823c2ad83fa9d60.gif

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

"dangan" which as well as the name of his entrance theme, means "bullet" in Nipponese

As Joey Style used to love to tell us if I remember right. It was his "Rellik is Killer spelt backwards"

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I’m shite at putting clips etc on here but Tajiri’s handspring back elbow was always a lovely move to watch. 

And this with added chair…

image.gif.a7c064a84dd3836ba4a6af77b404d6ff.gif

Tajiri vs RVD was a really fun short match actually. Think it was August 2001. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

As Joey Style used to love to tell us if I remember right. It was his "Rellik is Killer spelt backwards"

Oh no, this has just reminded me that how whenever Nate Webb (who I hated anyway) used to do Soylent Green, the CZW commentators (who I hated anyway) used to shout "It's people!!"