Insults

SuperBacon

• 9 months later...

What the fuck was that pronunciation of barmpot at the end? We still use that one around here. My daughter's ex-boyfriend asked me what I meant when I called him a berk once because he'd never heard the word. Took great pleasure in explaining that one.

Nana Foggy favoured "boggart" and if she was really cross, "pillock" - neither of which made that list.

I remember GamesMaster magazine used to pepper almost all their articles with the word "git" like it was going out of fashion... and now it turns out it was. 

My son  uses the word nitwit. He learnt it off watching Sooty.

I actually think words like berk, Pratt and nitwit were pretty inoffensive phrases. They weren't swearwords, git probably was but not super offensive. I think people use far more offensive phrases now. 

Posted (edited)

There was a dickhead (who I really liked) who sat across from me in the office I worked in who couldn't help himself and always wanted to get into good natured verbal jousts, invariably in front of an audience. Even he would admit that almost all of the time he came off second best because he was witless and a twit, but he kept asking for it and always came back for more punishment. On one occasion I arrived at the office and he didnt jump in to the usual two footed tackle. He was busy working away and when he saw me he was quite polite. I can't remember what I said but it was along the lines of "finally given up" or something to that effect. Quick as a flash he said "save your breath mate, you'll need it for blowing up your girlfriend later". 

The office erupted into howls of laughter, including both of us. The bastard had got me, and I had nothing. Sometimes you've just got to accept you've had your arse skelped and laugh too. 

Edited by Donald J Trump
King Mabel

51 minutes ago, davertfnewman said:

"You bleeding apeth!" was a favourite of my gran.

Usually “Daft” is the prefix so it’s always nice to see a new variant!