Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

Great win for us last night. We didn't seem to wanna do it the easy way, like usual but good we got it done. Rice has been fantastic.

Villa we're superb tonight. Absolutely battered Man City like I have never seen before. The home record for them is fantastic and we roll up on Saturday evening to destroy it, 

• Paid Members

Emery is an excellent manager, and it shows with what he's doing at Villa. If he hadn't been directly after Wenger at Arsenal I think he might have done ok for us, but that was a proper poisoned chalice and whoever came in next was always going to be a sacrificial lamb unless they won the league pretty much instantly.

Obviously, I hope we beat them on Saturday, but I do quietly hope he does well over the season and they get top 4, feels like he got a rough ride with us and probably deserved better. 

11 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

OK lads, I've had a rethink...

Maybe next year?

Ange was outdone by a 2nd half managerial masterclass. Ol' Moysie went in at half time and made the adjustments needed. That's probably the one thing about Ange that isn't gonna sit well with fans eventually. He doesn't really have a plan B.

1 minute ago, David said:

Ange was outdone by a 2nd half managerial masterclass. Ol' Moysie went in at half time and made the adjustments needed. That's probably the one thing about Ange that isn't gonna sit well with fans eventually. He doesn't really have a plan B.

Whilst not exactly a managerial masterclass he was definitely outsmarted. 

Look, this was always going to happen. Change doesn't happen overnight and it will take at least two windows before he gets his squad. The first 11 is good. The squad is poor. When you are bringing on Bryan Gil and Oliver Skipp (sorry Skippy mate, COYSCOYSCOYS and all that but please fulfill your destiny move to Bournemouth that we all know will happen one day) to affect a game, well that's just not 'top of the table' quality is it?

And I liked how he came out afterwards and combatted the "Well it was nice football in the first half" with this.

He's absolutely bang on.

West Ham were so well organised in the second half, and deserved the win, that our only outlet was Porro putting in crosses. OK, to who? Richardson? Great. Good one.

What was alarming was our lack of thought when West Ham were so compact and drilled in the middle, and our profligacy in front of goal in the 1st half, same against Villa (although there were more chances in that game) We just look blunt very often.

Kulusevski, has been good this season in a more central/free role, but my god is he one footed. If he's on the right and you show him outside, he is the easiest player in the world to defend against. I know all players favour a foot but it is mad how we keep buying these incredibly left footed players (him, Lamela, Gil, Lo Celso) who just cannot use their right. They don't even try.

So roll on January and godspeed to James Maddison. Take some drugs or something mate, speed up the healing.

So to my initial sentence. This was always going to happen. We need to hold our nerve with this and give him the means to compete. If we don't, I can't be arsed anymore.

For all I laugh at Arsenal, they stuck with legohead after two relatively poor finishes, backed him and now look. Arteta is an absolute nobhead, but he's got Arsenal right up there now, and there has to be credit given to the upper management of that club.

It's almost as if this Spurs team is missing a world class striker who could put these chances away. Can't quite put my finger on who that could be. Still, apparently there is a good striker in Munich. Maybe he's worth a look?

23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Whilst not exactly a managerial masterclass he was definitely outsmarted. 

Look, this was always going to happen. Change doesn't happen overnight and it will take at least two windows before he gets his squad. The first 11 is good. The squad is poor. When you are bringing on Bryan Gil and Oliver Skipp (sorry Skippy mate, COYSCOYSCOYS and all that but please fulfill your destiny move to Bournemouth that we all know will happen one day) to affect a game, well that's just not 'top of the table' quality is it?

And I liked how he came out afterwards and combatted the "Well it was nice football in the first half" with this.

He's absolutely bang on.

West Ham were so well organised in the second half, and deserved the win, that our only outlet was Porro putting in crosses. OK, to who? Richardson? Great. Good one.

What was alarming was our lack of thought when West Ham were so compact and drilled in the middle, and our profligacy in front of goal in the 1st half, same against Villa (although there were more chances in that game) We just look blunt very often.

Kulusevski, has been good this season in a more central/free role, but my god is he one footed. If he's on the right and you show him outside, he is the easiest player in the world to defend against. I know all players favour a foot but it is mad how we keep buying these incredibly left footed players (him, Lamela, Gil, Lo Celso) who just cannot use their right. They don't even try.

So roll on January and godspeed to James Maddison. Take some drugs or something mate, speed up the healing.

So to my initial sentence. This was always going to happen. We need to hold our nerve with this and give him the means to compete. If we don't, I can't be arsed anymore.

For all I laugh at Arsenal, they stuck with legohead after two relatively poor finishes, backed him and now look. Arteta is an absolute nobhead, but he's got Arsenal right up there now, and there has to be credit given to the upper management of that club.

It's almost as if this Spurs team is missing a world class striker who could put these chances away. Can't quite put my finger on who that could be. Still, apparently there is a good striker in Munich. Maybe he's worth a look?

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Horrible flashbacks to Rangers fans during the Michael Beale era for a second there. Felt myself blacking out.

I'll attribute you even daring to mention Beale in the same sentence as the Scotch Pep to you taking a bit of a turn.

• Paid Members

Chelsea's streak of playing well against a decent team and breaking them for the future continues. We're like The Fiend, especially in the sense that most of the time we're the firefly funhouse

Edited by Duke

16 minutes ago, Duke said:

Chelsea's streak of playing well against a decent team and breaking them for the future continues. We're like The Fiend, especially in the sense that most of the time we're the firefly funhouse

Hmmm nice try but you ain't having credit :)

Spurs went full Spurs in that game, and broke themselves.