AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

On 12/19/2023 at 2:04 PM, LaGoosh said:

- Statlander/Willow in those suits did...things to me

Oh hell yeah! Not the only one....

Bet Thunderplex has RSI by now....

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

• Paid Members

Can a tournament count as the angle of the year? Because if it can, that’s what the Continental Classic has been. Absolute home run. Great show.

Danielson and Claudio tearing it up.

IMG_7218.gif.db2d78bde2bd0ddb085e08ff60b9299b.gif

My boy Daniel Garcia finally picking up his win.

My boy Eddie Kingston bringing it back, getting his rematch with that cocky prick who called him a bum.

This visual.

IMG_7220.thumb.jpeg.bbeedc174bf8be1c6fd356626bd29f8d.jpeg

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Can a tournament count as the angle of the year? Because if it can, that’s what the Continental Classic has been. Absolute home run. Great show.

Danielson and Claudio tearing it up.

My boy Daniel Garcia finally picking up his win.

My boy Eddie Kingston bringing it back, getting his rematch with that cocky prick who called him a bum.

This visual.

IMG_7220.thumb.jpeg.bbeedc174bf8be1c6fd356626bd29f8d.jpeg

Considering AEW was being written off after All In and Punks departure, the last month or so of AEW TV, led with the CC has been a swift 2 fingers up at the critics. Just brilliant TV and both Dynamite and Collision this week were fantastic TV from start to finish.

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Considering AEW was being written off after All In and Punks departure, the last month or so of AEW TV, led with the CC has been a swift 2 fingers up at the critics. Just brilliant TV and both Dynamite and Collision this week were fantastic TV from start to finish.

With the devil angle, the presence of Ric Flair and other problematic individuals, Miro/CJ , bad comedy, the regularity of ‘spooky’ stuff and the treatment of women’s wrestling, I wouldn’t rush to hold up those two fingers just yet.

No one has criticised the quality of wrestling on AEW. It’s consistently excellent - more excellent wrestling doesn’t invalidate any of the good faith criticism that has been levelled at the company. I don’t think it’s healthy for any company to look at criticism and say ‘well, we did a good job here!’ - at the end of the day, the tournament will end and the issues will remain. They should absolutely keep doing what they do well, but they shouldn’t use that to shield themselves from the very real problems they have.

• Paid Members

Andrade coming out looking with the physique of a Greek God, perfect hair and shiny gear while an absolutely exhausted, nervous, looking out of shape Eddie Kingston in his crappy old gear is exactly the type of visual storytelling wrestling should be all about. 

I don't want the C2 to end. It's been so good. It's also *really* helped Collision in particular. At one point before the C2 started, Collision was looking like a two-hour live Rampage, but the entire time through the tournament it's been as good if not better than Dynamite. Plus: crowds are bigger and hotter. Good shit.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

The Continental Classic is up there as one of the best things they’ve ever done.

I think it's the best thing any promotion has done in years. They should put out a collectible Blu-ray of all the matches and promos. I'd be all over it.

Danielson vs Kingston next week is going to be bananas. A MOTY re-match with incredible story and emotion behind it.

Wish I could see all these great promos by just watching the weekly shows and not having to seek out the AEW twitter page for the "exclusive".

I know they show snippets on the show sometimes, but not the full ones and some not at all. You shouldn't have to seek out Twitter to be able to see good promos, get them on the bloody weekly shows, you've got enough hours!

Like since Full Gear, two of the biggest matches involved Swerve and Jay White, and if you only watch the TV shows since, you've pretty much heard nothing whatsoever from Jay White and about 30 seconds of Swerve. Yet Swerve is delivering gold if you seek out Twitter.

It's so frustrating.