AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

On the rotating cast of commentary teams, Caprice Coleman & Kevin Kelly is an improvement on Kelly & McGuinness. Caprice has a better ability to fill in dead air and actually brings some energy with him.

Real mixed bag with half the show feeling like Dark. The day before one PPV and a week before another. The show didn't need rebuilding projects like Dark Order & Keith Lee taking up time. Even Willow and Robyn Renegade wasn't really needed.

Miro & Hobbs being little more than a video needs more than that to get me hyped. Statlander could have done with the match Willow had and then accepted Ruby's challenge post-match.

The main event highlights the company has a few fresh directions to go in with Swerve, Jay White, and HOOK. They need to pick someone new and get behind them.

Post-PPV I worry there won't be much change to what we've seen. Dynamite/Rampage will be building to Grand Slam and seems like the Collision crew will be off doing their own thing.

59 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I disagree. It benefitted Ricky Starks, HOOK and now is benefiting Perry. It's been a good story prop, though I would say it has probably outlived its usefulness. Perry dropping it to HOOK and then having the title's creators son be the one to respectfully retire it feels pretty perfect storytelling. 

I don’t agree that it’s benefited Starks; but Perry has at least been fun with it, and Hook being the one to retire it seems like the perfect send-off. Assuming that’s what they do, and I’m not convinced they will.

23 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Not feeling the Ricky and Big Bill pairing. 

I really like it, myself. Starks seems like an absolute shit, Bill seems like a dangerous monster - I’m definitely a fan. I still hate the ‘Big Bill’ name, but I’m a fan of the actual wrestler - I really hope he gets a sustained push. 

• Paid Members

Report suggest Steamboat won’t actually wrestle Ricky Starks in a strap match and the challenge tonight will result in another wrestler coming out for the save and to take on Ricky at the PPV.

It’s got to be Hangman, surely? Top babyface, with nothing to do, with the bonus passive aggression of replacing Punk with one of his enemies. Only person funnier would be Colt Cabana.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Report suggest Steamboat won’t actually wrestle Ricky Starks in a strap match and the challenge tonight will result in another wrestler coming out for the save and to take on Ricky at the PPV.

It’s got to be Hangman, surely? Top babyface, with nothing to do, with the bonus passive aggression of replacing Punk with one of his enemies. Only person funnier would be Colt Cabana.

I heard the Great Muta is in town….

Big Tony reckons they have a contingency plan if Punk isn’t available that would ‘satisfy’ fans. So you have to think Hangman, really. Unless Daniel Bryan’s arm is good enough to swing a strap.

”You wanted a strap match with the Dragon, Starks? Well, be careful what you wish for…”

It's Arn Anderson and he's coming strapped.

arn-anderson.webp

A more serious suggestion: It's Sting!!!

Comes out to defend Steamboat tonight. Gimmick match with both Ricky and Big Bill to bump around for him. Maybe throw in Steamboat running inteference in the match. Maybe even a Great Muta green mist apperance since he was spotted in Chicago. 

Edited by Infinity Land