AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

If they don't have Punk cost MJF & Cole the tag team titles, thus sparking the renewal of Punk vs MJF and cementing Punk and FTR as the modern-day Chicago version of the Hart Foundation then I might cry.

There surely has to be something in the works for Punk beyond his forced face antics or a feud with Ricky fucking Starks.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:58 AM, Louch said:

Don’t think it’s that deep, just looked to be an easy visual to show starks was turning 

It also felt pretty Owen-ey. The slightly maniacal waving of the trophy in the air whilst ignoring Liger definitely felt like it was somewhat inspired by that slammy bit..

23 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Besides The Acclaimed v. House of Black I don't think there's been anything been announced for this yet?

As it's in Newark kinda expecting an MJF appearance which is usually fun.

Yeah but FTR will be involved.

Not sure why there's all this hate for FTR. Their matches are usually pretty good, plus that raglan number that Harwood wears to the ring sometimes? That says "pro wrestling" across the front with the really basic image of two guys grappling? He wears that in real life. I saw him sitting in a restaurant in Toronto wearing that bad boy, surrounded by hipsters and all sorts. 

Not a single fuck given. How can anyone hate someone like that?

59 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure why there's all this hate for FTR. Their matches are usually pretty good, plus that raglan number that Harwood wears to the ring sometimes? That says "pro wrestling" across the front with the really basic image of two guys grappling? He wears that in real life. I saw him sitting in a restaurant in Toronto wearing that bad boy, surrounded by hipsters and all sorts. 

Not a single fuck given. How can anyone hate someone like that?

Easily. He’s a proper American weirdo  in that he’s obsessed with acting downtrodden while being a featured act and champion. Nothing says poor me than the heavily pushed 10 times champion

Just now, Louch said:

Easily. He’s a proper American weirdo  in that he’s obsessed with acting downtrodden while being a featured act and champion. Nothing says poor me than the heavily pushed 10 times champion

Well, when I met him he was talking about darts and how his old neighbour in college went on to become a hotdog-eating champion. That's good enough for me!

I'm so glad I stopped looking at wrestling twitter about 6 years ago. To me, they're characters on a TV show and that's that.

I'm not a huge FTR fan and don't often pay attention when it's obvious/likely a match is going to be long, but that 2/3 falls last week was something else, I don't know how they put themselves through it.

Anyone think the 'House of Black' rules have been quietly dropped?

Just thinking about it with the Acclaimed getting a title shot this week, it's the first time since Double or Nothing that the Trios titles have been defended. Don't recall anyone trying to explain the rules and special stipulation of the challengers choice.

• Paid Members

Maybe they can drop the House of Black next and send Malaki and Buddy back to WWE. In an alternate universe, there's a fun run to be had in Black simply doing a 911 style gimmick and just doing the lights off/lights on stuff,  then knocking someone out with the spin kick. People on their way out of the territory, or the likes of Mark Sterling or QT after bragging over a cheap victory.

That uses the two best things Black has going for him and ignores the rest of the shite that he does. Never give him a promo or any influence over a program. He's another Bray Wyatt in that regard. Just let him kick people in the head. 

I'd have The Acclaimed beat them, then kick start a Brody King singles push.