CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

Punk is just this weird contradiction of a bloke, isn't he? He seems to mostly hate the older generation of wrestlers who behaved like this when he was a young up-and-comer, but he's seemingly throwing his weight around now that the shoe's on the other foot. He shows up on TV wearing a SAG-AFTRA shirt, mere weeks after boasting of his relationship with David Zaslav. 

Ultimately, though, all this backstage drama is just really, really dull. It isn't benefitting anyone and it feels like just knowing about any of it by osmosis can actively ruin one's enjoyment of AEW programming.

3 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Punk is just this weird contradiction of a bloke, isn't he? He seems to mostly hate the older generation of wrestlers who behaved like this when he was a young up-and-comer, but he's seemingly throwing his weight around now that the shoe's on the other foot. He shows up on TV wearing a SAG-AFTRA shirt, mere weeks after boasting of his relationship with David Zaslav. 

Ultimately, though, all this backstage drama is just really, really dull. It isn't benefitting anyone and it feels like just knowing about any of it by osmosis can actively ruin one's enjoyment of AEW programming.

Maybe he is trying to be a delusional heel. Or maybe he's a dickhead. Its hard to tell with him. 

PWTorch reports at the Dynamite that Punk had appeared shortly after his return, and Punk confronted Nemeth in the locker room. Sources told the media outlet that “Punk cornered Nemeth in the locker room, got inches from his face, and angrily and aggressively asked if they had a problem or if they needed to settle things outside.”

Offering people outside. What an utter idiot this man is. A shadow of his former self. 

33 minutes ago, Daddymagic said:

fans don't seem to care one jot about him anymore.

Have a word. He's gotten the loudest reception on just about every single broadcast he's been on since he got back, and he's second only to Orange Cassidy in merch sales right now. I imagine he walks into most of the Wembley 80,000's top three entrances they want to see on the night, as well. 

Collision's slowly turned into a great show. When/if this tedious newz starts to affect the product, so be it, but until then I'm enjoying the misanthropic, whacky world of CM Punk on my screen and not that arsed what ~Phil's been up to IRL. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

It's a reference to the popular Chappelle's Show sketches about Rick James in the 1980's, as told by Eddie Murphy's brother Charlie. 

If you haven't seen them, basically in one of them James (played by Dave Chappelle) shows up to Eddie's house high as a kite and purposefully destroys his new couch with his muddy cowboy boots. 

Bix is just making a (bad) joke about the latest Punk drama and how it is seemingly escalating week after week. 

Thank you.

I'll be honest, I'm quite a placid person but if I ever got the chance to face someone that has chatted shit about me on Twitter, I'd probably want to confront* them as well.

It's worth noting as well, that all these Twitter accounts etc exist for you to sign up 4 da scoops and they've all got their own agendas. Wrestling is full of absolute thin skinned babies and it will never, ever change.

It's pathetic. Which is great obviously. 

*Politely, terribly apologetically and probably end up with me giving them all the money in my pockets but still.

Edited by SuperBacon

At this stage, I have to believe that this is all leaning into the mixed reaction Punk's been getting on Collision. It has to be. The question is, what's the payoff? There's absolutely zero point in all of this unless there's a payoff where everyone makes money and people buy PPVs.

If it's legit and Punk is just being a complete prick, then as much as I enjoy watching him on AEW, he has to go, doesn't he? 

No wonder he looks like he never sleeps, he probably argues with his own shadow these days.

Also FUCK BIX. I hate to denigrate anyone but that low level Meltzer wannabe is a bottom feeder of the lowest common denominator.

For a man who's stole from friends, colleagues and even his own damn government during a pandemic how can anyone view him as a viable source of even gossip. Cunt of the highest order that scrapes a living/attention from the wrestling public like he scrapes the skids of his shitty underpants. Shitarse cunt.

TLDR: Fuck Bix. Have a nice day otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Rule One said:

For a man who's stole from friends, colleagues and even his own damn government during a pandemic

I like how you say "even his own damn government" as if stealing from the government is more heinous than stealing from friends and colleagues!