CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I see the sheets are already making with the "CM Punk's WWE return plans and Wrestlemania opponents" click bait headlines. 

Well yeah. If he's going anywhere, it'll be WWE. I don't know why you're surprised? He'll go crawling back. Like the scab he is.

5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I see the sheets are already making with the "CM Punk's WWE return plans and Wrestlemania opponents" click bait headlines. 

That's because he's the hottest name in wrestling, for some reason. He's always had the ability to draw the interest of people despite being a moaning-faced, thin-skinned prat. His merch sales are always high, and if we're honest, Meltzer and Alavarez have probably paid off their mortgages because of interest in their CM Punk related chit chat.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, David said:

His merch sales are always high,

I will say that Punk has always had good merch. Wrestler merch is almost always terrible but Punk's stuff has always looked pretty cool by wrestling standards. 

I love Hangman and Omega but between the two of them neither have had a shirt out that I'd feel confident wearing outside the house. 

13 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I will say that Punk has always had good merch. Wrestler merch is almost always terrible but Punk's stuff has always looked pretty cool by wrestling standards. 

I love Hangman and Omega but between the two of them neither have had a shirt out that I'd feel confident wearing outside the house. 

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Before All In me and a couple of friends went on the AEW merch site and there were some honking designs on there and Punk's was the best for sure.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I just hope that Ryan Nemeth gets a super push on Collision now, a man who truly fights for workers rights and walks the picket line.

Say what you want about the EVPs but they were more than happy to show the strike on their weekly show.

Ryan Nemeth walks funny

11 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I'll wear mine in solidarity next time I choke out a colleague. 

But seriously that was disappointing to see AFTER I'd bought one.

You need Keith to Google every purchase you ever make to find out all that's wrong with a company and its employees.....it would be painstakingly boring but you'd save a fortune 

9 hours ago, David said:

That's because he's the hottest name in wrestling, for some reason. He's always had the ability to draw the interest of people despite being a moaning-faced, thin-skinned prat. His merch sales are always high, and if we're honest, Meltzer and Alavarez have probably paid off their mortgages because of interest in their CM Punk related chit chat.

zM30lOta_x_z-lVDRD15cryYPs6wxIo3iIWm5uQV

• Paid Members

Over the past week I’ve done my usual sniggering at/shaking my head at that small core of Impact fans who’ve never been able to grasp the idea that Anthem are seemingly quite happy keeping the company chugging along. The company’s never indicated any great expectations of booking or filling 15,000 seat arenas or getting back on Spike TV anytime soon, and are seemingly quite happy with their lot, being more stable than ever.

My belief has always been that if you need big arenas and the biggest names in your wrestling then Impact probably isn’t for you.

But as the days have gone on, I have to concede that there may be a remote chance Punk may well end up there.

It all hinges on what his motivations are these days. I still believe there’s a strong chance that he doesn’t wrestle again. After all, with all that baggage, a stadium match against Samoa Joe isn’t the worst way to go.

And if he wants his Wrestlemania main event on the Saturday, then his destination is obvious and WWE has brought back people with more heat than Punk in the past if there’s money on the table.

Impact’s remote chance of being a destination, if only on a short term deal, hinge on Punk’s ego and existing relationships with top brass there.

Impact’s reach on AXS TV is limited, usually hovering between 100,000-120,000 viewers. But there’s still scope for growth even on that channel, and ratings and arena business would inevitably increase with a major name.

Jericho was reportedly on the verge of signing for limited dates with Impact on a seven figure deal just before signing his first AEW contract, so there has been a willingness to spend on someone they feel would move the needle.

One of Punk’s best mates in the business is Lou D’Angeli, who’s Impact’s head of marketing, who he brought along with him when making his AEW debut and was responsible for bringing Punk backstage to recent Chicago Impact tapings.

If I had to put money on it though, Punk will be on the posters for Wrestlemania next year.

Edited by garynysmon

I can imagine it now. He decides there's nobody on earth he wants to smack around more than Alex Shelly, and winds up taking Bully Ray and Dreamer with him to Saturday Night Xplosion. Only proper hard legends like me allowed in the building.