1 hour ago, Nick James said:

I give it 5 years before Tony has run himself into the ground enough that he now has a pencil moustache and is afraid of sneezing. The man is insane if he will still be overseeing everything AEW / ROH related without bringing in a team. Fair play to the guy, hes got some serious ambition. 

I mean, he basically does have his team in place already. Whether we like it oe not. 

He was never going to replicate the writers room model that came into fashion. Its more the era where Bruce, Pat, JR and the like were involved with Vince at the head to yes/no and get distracted by near 7 foot muscle guys. 

With TK its Schiavone, Sonjay, QT, Pat Buck. Then getting distracted by the latest trending gif on twitter. 

The ramp up in shows during the summer comes at a lull with other commitments. Once the NFL & Premier new seasons start I'd imagine he will start missing some shows here and there. It will be telling who he sees as his 2nd by who runs gorilla when he's away. 

Dax shou;d have realised going into starting his podcast that an attempt to talk about current day inside shit, happening in the company he works for, often involving friends of his, and his worky-shooty bollocks, was going to cause problems. Especially the stuff regarding Punk, but also the stuff about FTR/Bucks. If he'd just done a podcast talking about FTR's older matches and feuds, or tag team wrestling in general, that would have been a better idea (although that would have admittedly resulted in less drama and therefore ears on his podcast, engagement on Twitter and 1,000 1wrestling.com-style websites using his quotes for clickbait, which it very much seems like he was saying all that stuff for).

Edited by 69MeDon

29 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Sounds like someone has told Dax to shut the fuck up:

I didn't listen to the whole podcast. As it's close to 2hrs and titled Anxiety. Skipped to the announcement at the end and both Dax & Matt Koon stress that AEW didn't tell them to stop...and I actually believe them. AEW probably didn't put a stop to it. I think Dax has enough people around him to talk some sense into him, and he's had months to experience extra helpings of the toxic depths of the internet.

TK being brought on the shoot interview era and message boards seems to revel in all the personal/real life drama. He was probably thrilled to have a proxy like Dax to say what he really thinks. Let's just have everyone be professional and worked together despite any personal drama. I'm genuinely shocked TK's managed to keep his trap shut after All Out.

Here he is today playing with fire over the real life/kayfabed Thunder Rosa v. Britt Baker situation.

Khan said the following about their situation:

"Well, we'll have to see," Khan said about the future of Rosa-Baker moving forward. Khan continued, "Thunder Rosa is not cleared to return to the ring yet. When she is, certainly we'll welcome her back with open arms in AEW and it has been an interesting situation. Some of that stuff, I think, should stay behind closed doors but that's where All Access does give fans a great chance to see what happens behind the scenes. So we'll have some more All Access taking a look at what happens backstage when Thunder Rosa comes back to AEW."

Khan continued, "I know that the locker room and Thunder Rosa at times have had some stuff. I also think that that should be largely between everyone that was in the room. There is a point of All Acess where I have to make a decision [and say] okay, this is as much access as anyone who is backstage would reasonably get. So you'll see me making some tough choices about what we do and don't show. I do think that in the future, Thunder Rosa is a great wrestler and has been a great champion in AEW. I look forward to having her back and she's done a lot of the things we would ask on the path to return and tried to make amends with some people but there are some things you can't amend. There are some people that are never gonna get along. There are some people that are never gonna be friends. Dr. Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa are not going to ever be friends and they are not ever going to get along. As for what the future is with them, I would say it's probably gonna be an intense rivalry for as long as both of them are wrestling. These are not two people that are ever gonna be buddies but it's something to follow for sure. Thunder Rosa, we look forward to having her back in the ring."

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/tony-khan-thunder-rosa-and-britt-baker-will-never-get-along-rosa-tried-to-make-amends-with-aew-locker-room

Regal and now Bald. Tho neither were as interesting as they’d seemed before their pods began, When is Matt Coon gonna get the hint as he’s a waste of space no matter who he’s on with. 

Firstly, ‘FTR Bald’ might be a more tired ongoing joke than ‘Tony Sniff’…

Secondly, I can’t believe the TNT title has changed hands yet again. Hobbs hasn’t even established himself in whatever this new gimmick is. The distraction spot with Anderson and Wardlow acting as if they’d never seen a woman before was also ridiculous.

I’m also starting to suspect Max Caster might be an alt-right MAGA type. His raps regularly contain lines making fun of Biden, or the left; and the Bud Light and ‘go woke, go broke’ hint seemed like another red flag in that respect.

It was a bit of a messy show this week, on the whole. It held my attention, but not much of what they tried to do felt like it worked in the way that was intended. The Cole/Baker angle was another example of that - Jericho asked the Outcasts to wait under the ring in case Britt Baker turned up? It’s a bit hard to buy. 

The Elite/BCC stuff continues to be excellent, and the addition of Takeshita is an interesting twist, as Callis attempts to manipulate Omega and take him away from The Bucks.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

That opening segment was pretty rough. Felt like 3 teenagers bitching  until MJF came out and showed them up all. Babyfaces being snarky with each other never works and all this stuff was shooty edgelord nonsense. All three of them should be 1005 focused on MJF for now and save the fighting between each other till closer to the PPV. Also a babyface should never get a bye and they should never fucking celebrate it if they do. I think a smarter angle would have been MJF picking three opponents for them each to get title shots rather than this tournament rubbish.

Elite/BCC angle was really cool. I absolutely love it when wrestlers use wrestling moves in brawls, it happens rarely but in reality why wouldn't they? It just feels more creative. The addition of Takeshita is fantastic and another layer of intrigue. Jay White's in-ring debut was also good, he's got something for sure but Juice Robinson and Shawn Spears being involved is only going to make things less interesting. Adam Cole and Jericho's segment was a decent bit of business, I think the two have strong promo chemistry and it was the first time I've liked Adam Cole as an on-screen character ever. He's must better suited to this stuff. 

Rest of the show was fine/forgettable/dull. The lack of consistency is a real problem at the moment and the same production issues still plague the show. FTR panicking about Mark Briscoe being attacked and then running to the medical room that was about six feet away from where they were standing was unintentionally hilarious. 

• Paid Members

I just can’t get into AEW at the minute. The combination of the entire roster moaning online all the time and WWE putting on a really good product in the months up to Mania have me not even bothering to watch Dynamite properly for weeks now. 
Then you see even more unneeded signings, more Chris Jericho feuds and more hotshotting the TNT title and it’s like why should I bother?

Really uninteresting product at the minute.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Then you see even more unneeded signings

They just signed up Kommander. While the far superior Fenix and Bandido are either sitting at home doing nothing or wasting time on ROH. It never ends.