22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Aah nice one, thanks. Do you think it may have impacted his focus while shooting was taking place? With it all in the can now that’s a good thing, surely?

I've no idea. Depends on how far back they go. There was speculation around Sammy & Tay taking so much time off with their wedding it might be part of a replacement for Rhodes to the Top. If it goes that far back Brawl Out, Andrade, and his mom's health would have been greater distractions than extra cameras following people around. There's nothing as blatant as some of the Rhodes to the Top stuff people guessed would be part of a reality show like the baby announcement.

First thing that comes to mind was bringing Adam Cole back on January 11th and then doing nothing with him. Would make a feel good ending. The Bucks were filming stuff on the road weeks before they returned at Full Gear. Saraya will probably be about her in ring return. Only time will tell when a trailer on the season comes out to see what the narrative is.

23 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Cody Rhodes left without ever wrestling Kenny Omega, Jon Moxley, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson or Hangman Page. CM Punk never faced or teamed with Bryan Danielson, never wrestled Kenny Omega or the Young Bucks. If The Elite end up WWE-bound, do they go there before we get a match between them and BCC? If WWE come sniffing around Jade Cargill, does she sign without ever having meaningfully interacted with Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter, and so on? 

When you list the departures and potential departures like that, it's quite alarming - particularly when you add MJF to the mix. And if The Elite jump ship, would Hangman be likely to follow? 

I've no doubt that some of these wrestlers would be made to feel like enormous stars in WWE, and the prospect of seeing them there, in some ways, is exciting. Kenny Omega or MJF interacting with Cody Rhodes, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, John Cena or Sami Zayn, for example, feels fresh and exciting. Jade Cargill interacting with Becky Lynch, Rhea Ripley or Charlotte would quickly elevate her status. 

But, if AEW does lose all, or some, of these wrestlers, it begins to lose its identity. It also begins to feel like its failing, and I don't want that. I'd love for AEW to recapture that feeling of unpredictable excitement, and I hope it does. I also hope that they manage to secure some of their bigger original stars on new, long-term deals; and are in a position to announce that soon.

I'd be very surprised if many of them chose to leave AEW. The freedom they have probably means far more than doing whatever they can in WWE. Plus it's always going to be a massive risk going over to the other company. You can't have EVERYONE be treated as a top guy like Cody. Not everyone can have that journey.

Yeah, the idea of some of the new matchups and opportunities is exciting but I don't know. I just can't see too many of them just giving up on AEW.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I get complete fatigue from MJF promos now, too. He's almost like the heel AEW version of that thing people pick up on with Cody's new stuff too where the act's almost too polished, too bullet point for bullet point,

9 minutes ago, JNLister said:

https://www.footprintcenter.com/accessibility-ada-information/

• On dedicated LED captioning boards inside the seating bowl located in each of the four corners of the arena, provided with the goal of offering open captioning visible from every seat in seating bowl.  Specifically, on the second-level LED boards located below the following seating sections:  Sections 207, 215, 223, and 231;

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'd be very surprised if many of them chose to leave AEW. The freedom they have probably means far more than doing whatever they can in WWE. Plus it's always going to be a massive risk going over to the other company. You can't have EVERYONE be treated as a top guy like Cody. Not everyone can have that journey.

Yeah, the idea of some of the new matchups and opportunities is exciting but I don't know. I just can't see too many of them just giving up on AEW.

I'm definitely a pessimist, but the only act I'd truly be surprised to see go would be The Young Bucks. I'm not convinced that they'd be a bigger name there than they are in AEW, and I think they'd probably recognise that. 

Omega and MJF - I think it's inevitable that they'd be presented as big stars. Jade Cargill is probably more of an unknown quantity based on the fact it's difficult to tell how far along her ring work actually is. She has such a striking presence that I'd be surprised if they didn't attempt to make her look like a megastar, and if she can hold up her end of the bargain, I think she'd be a bigger star in WWE than she could ever be in AEW, based on how they present women. 

When you take into account the fact there's more money to be made, the lure of Wrestlemania, and the fact Vince McMahon is (for now, at least) no longer involved in the booking process, I could see a lot of AEW wrestlers feeling very optimistic about their chances in WWE. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Jade Cargill is probably more of an unknown quantity based on the fact it's difficult to tell how far along her ring work actually is. She has such a striking presence that I'd be surprised if they didn't attempt to make her look like a megastar, and if she can hold up her end of the bargain, I think she'd be a bigger star in WWE than she could ever be in AEW, based on how they present women. 

I'd be surprised if Jade stays long in Wrestling as a whole, she has such an aura and star power that I could see her crossing over to Hollywood with ease, thats if she wants to, that is. 

Cargill is shoot rich and didn’t like how wwe treated her before. I don’t see her jumping as long as she’s enjoying a day a week and getting the rest of the time to be  a mother which she’s said is a massive part of why she bothers to even do aew

If the Bucks go to WWE, I think it'll be the nail in the coffin for AEW, purely because I don't know how Tony K would cope. Mind you, if all the Bucks and Omega have to bring to the show is more match types, I wonder how helpful the EVPs really are. I've never been a fan of the Bucks in-ring (although I admit they put on spectacular matches, they're meaningless popcorn to me (and don't @ me about anything involving Hangman or Matt selling his back)), and wondered exactly what they brought to the table long-term outside of indie contacts and online presence. If they leave, I'd see that as confirmation that, ultimately, they just wanted to get on telly, and weren't interested in nurturing an alternative. I don't think they'd make it to WWE though. I know there was a joke in another thread about muscled stud Montez Ford being small, but the Bucks are legitly diddy men, who'd look a joke under the bright lights of the E.

The other interesting factor is... say these people head to WWE, would AEW have the pull to poach some top WWE stars back the other way?

AEW have been good at enticing away midcarders and doing something more with them but who was the last main event (or near) level WWE star they got?  People like Saraya or Punk are coming out of retirement.  Miro?  His stock was already falling.

I'm not sure AEW if they lost Omega, Bucks et al could even make a play for an AJ Styles or a Kevin Owens, let alone a Randy Orton or a Brock Lesnar.

39 minutes ago, Loki said:

The other interesting factor is... say these people head to WWE, would AEW have the pull to poach some top WWE stars back the other way?

AEW have been good at enticing away midcarders and doing something more with them but who was the last main event (or near) level WWE star they got?  People like Saraya or Punk are coming out of retirement.  Miro?  His stock was already falling.

I'm not sure AEW if they lost Omega, Bucks et al could even make a play for an AJ Styles or a Kevin Owens, let alone a Randy Orton or a Brock Lesnar.

Most of those singles stars are already in their 40s or with the rest pushing it by the time their contracts come up (Birthdays this year Omega 40, Owens 39, Miro 38)

What AEW have to focus on is shining up their next set of prospects and looking for untapped/unknown potential. For the first time in a while I don't think there's a couple of favourites to be the next AEW World Champion. They've got find their own stars.

Trying to go tit-for-tat signing stars isn't really going to change anything other than balloon the wage bill.