I was reminded this week that Matt Menard is far too entertaining to just be standing about chewing gum like he's at Castlemorton. Please give him a weekly segment or just some sort of running theme in a backstage skit or VT. One of those guys that just makes me smile every time he's on screen. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Beautiful stuff, they need to air this on Rampage or Collision. You could build a story out of this. Garcia is so good.

I don't watch much of the TV shows at all, just odd clips and read the results, but I appreciate you posting this as I might have missed it. This is really good, the sort of 'promo' they could build something signficant off. It's made me seek out the match too.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I was reminded this week that Matt Menard is far too entertaining to just be standing about chewing gum like he's at Castlemorton. Please give him a weekly segment or just some sort of running theme in a backstage skit or VT. One of those guys that just makes me smile every time he's on screen. 

He often does the rundown of the matches for Rampage on the AEW twitter, grated not the same,  it it’s always nice to see

Joe v Keith Lee was fantastic.  Last time I saw Lee he looked done - exhausted after one or two moves, leaning against the ropes, barely able to get through a tag match.  Whatever medical condition he's been recovering from, he's made leaps and bounds because he looked really good in there with Joe.

I'm actually glad Joe vacated the title - he's way too good for any ROH title.  He's having the best year of his career since facing Lesnar, he looks like a legit next champion and I'm on board for it.  He's as big a star as they have on the roster, why not give him a run?

Edit: speaking of improvements, Julia Hart looks better every time we see her.  Good outing this week.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Yeah the past few months Keith Lee has visibly dropped some weight and looks much healthier. Was very uncomfortable and worrying watching him for a bit there, was great to see him performing in a big singles match and looking more like his old self against Joe. 

I think Joe is in my top 5 favourites of all time at this point. From timidly asking him to sign my shirt at FWA Frontiers of Honour in 2003 to seeing him opening at Wembley Stadium in 2023, he has never let me down. I hear there were points during his TNA run where he was demotivated and not so good, but I haven’t seen any of the bad times as I only sought out the recommended bangers from that run. So for me it’s been two decades of slobberknockers, fantastic character work and great promos. Can be scary, can be evil, can be very funny without sacrificing his character’s integrity  or believability. A credible and threatening opponent for just about anyone in any promotion at any time. Still someone I look forward to seeing any time he’s on the card, and absolutely deserves to still be in the World Title mix at this late stage of his career. What a beast. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Daddymagic said:

Why does Samoa Joe have to vacate the the ROH TV title to challenge for the AEW Heavyweight title when MJF has the the ROH Tag team titles on his own and is also the AEW Heavyweight champion?

Make it make sense. 

TKs booking deserves these terrible numbers. 

He doesn't have to, he wanted to. The ROH TV title is a midcard belt and Joe sees himself as a main event Champion so decided to drop the midcard belt so he can focus entirely on MJF.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

He doesn't have to, he wanted to. The ROH TV title is a midcard belt and Joe sees himself as a main event Champion so decided to drop the midcard belt so he can focus entirely on MJF.

The ROH title should be elevated by Joe holding it, and for so long. Joe is a main event player and his reign, had it been booked correctly should have elevated the title. Any rub that Joe gave to the title is nullified by relinquishing it. 578 wasted days essentially. 

• Paid Members

I think he did a good job of justifying relinquishing it - he wants the World Title, that's his singular focus, so he wants no more distractions from that. It always looked stupid to me having him challenge for the World Title while carrying around a lesser belt, to me that made the TV Title look far worse, that he already had it but it was such an afterthought that he'd be challenging for other titles at the same time, and it always served as an unnecessary complication to the story to have him already carrying a title around.

This way they get to avoid booking themselves into a corner where Joe needs to be a viable World Title contender, but would at some point have to drop the TV title to someone who's, presumably, not at a World Championship level. We'll get another tournament out of it too, I'm sure.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The ROH title should be elevated by Joe holding it, and for so long. Joe is a main event player and his reign, had it been booked correctly should have elevated the title. Any rub that Joe gave to the title is nullified by relinquishing it. 578 wasted days essentially. 

Very true but also it's only the ROH Television Championship. No one cares about it. All the ROH titles (and ROH) belong in the bin.