I could care less about the Devil. None of the suggestions are particularly good and these angles are often a bust.

One of the first bits of news I saw this morning was an agreement on the Actors Strike. Samoa Joe dropping the TV title made some sense in that light. He might be offski for a spell soon, as he was meant to in the summer. There are better ways to do it but its one less ROH reminder on AEW tv.

All the Callis Family shenanigans with Omega and Jericho. Pay-off might be on TV with "Golden Jets 🤢" v. Young Bucks on the PPV. Masterful storytelling. Really getting Hobbs, Takeshita, Fletcher, Sammy over.

When the Sting & Darby squash was the simple stuff I was hoping for on the road to Sting's retirement.

Red Velvet v. Julia Hart was pretty decent. That big brace explains where Velvet has been most of the year. The silent, staredowns post-match weren't much fun. 4-way for the TBS title at Full Gear maybe?

Wardlow getting a vignette. Nice and simple. Might be more effective than the random squash matches.

Mariah May's debut has me a little more hopeful that Full Gear isn't a foregone conclusion. Looking more like her and Storm will be feuding and doesn't need a title if that's the case.

World Title, Swerve/Penta, and White/Briscoe were all really good. Even if the results weren't in doubt.

Full Gear a week on Saturday. Bulk of it has been reasonably well built by AEW's standards.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

There seems to be quite a lot of people who’ve convinced themselves The Devil is CM Punk.

True, but what do you think about the booking?

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Solid show I thought, plenty to enjoy and mostly everything pushed forward the right wrestlers and stories in a logical way and some good matches. The type of show they needed right now. 

Yup, exactly that. It felt like coherent, episodic television building towards the pay per view. It had a set of very strong TV matches as Dynamite usually does, but the sense of direction and purpose behind it all was my main take away too.

We’ve got MJF spinning way too many plates with an ongoing mystery attached, Swerve getting the push he deserves, Hangman all fired up and motivated again, Garcia heading in the right direction, multiple women’s segments in service of ongoing storylines/PPV plans. It’s all going somewhere. I’m sure there will be complaints about the directions/reveals etc. but for now I’m happy there is a direction and that each episode of TV is making me look forward to Full Gear more. That’s the goal right? 

Great promo from Mox as ever. I enjoy Cassidy’s slightly wooden but determined promos too. Completely fitting for his character, who should still only speak when sufficiently provoked and is clearly still not happy about having to do it. 

The Wardlow vignette was spot on I thought. No fat on it at all, no “Wardlow’s World” style over thinking of his presentation. I think it’s pretty cool that MJF has reformed and become the people’s scumbag while Wardlow’s been away, but Wardlow has never stopped hating the guy. MJF still having to deal with his ghosts of scumbaggery past makes perfect sense.

Red Velvet looked good, Joe/Lee Penta/Swerve and White/Briscoe were all enjoyable matches despite the telegraphed results, and again I’m fine with predictable results in service of building a pay per view. Mariah May’s debut perhaps a hit unceremonious and could be lost in the shuffle, but even then they immediately established a direction for her. 

Good show. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

Also MJF clearly has already resigned with the company, about 90% of the storylines are now based entirely around him. That's not what you do with a talent who has their contract coming up. No chance he's fucking off anytime soon. Regardless of the bad midcard comedy stink some of this run has, it's cool to see the company finally going all out to focus and position someone as a proper top guy.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Well, apart from that he said "you're not going to make it to Full Gear, you're not going to make it to Sunday", when Full Gear is next Saturday.

I assumed that meant he was fighting Wheeler on Collision, maybe I just fantasy booked that instead.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I assumed that meant he was fighting Wheeler on Collision, maybe I just fantasy booked that omstead.

ah maybe, I could have completely missed that. 

It was a decent episode, though, felt very simple and back to basics, though I was taken aback when they said the main event was to see who got to challenge MJF at Full Gear, given I had assumed that Jay White vs. MJF had been announced weeks ago. 

I don't rate Mariah May, but doing the All About Eve angle with Toni Storm could be fun, and a way to keep the "Hollywood starlet" character going without it falling into one-note jokes the way Roderick Strong has been reduced from an entertaining whiny heel to just shouting "ADAM" every week.