2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

- Adam Cole wins the title at Winter Is Coming.

- MJF asks his best friend Adam Cole to reciprocate and give him a title shot. Cole says...no! Big heel turn with MJF heartbreak.

I hadn’t even considered this as an option, but I absolutely love this idea. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Awards Moderator

It’s amazing the effect one great angle does for you. Pretty much everyone is cool with Adam Cole winning the AEW World Title now. Can you imagine that being the case a year or two ago? Even six months ago?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It’s amazing the effect one great angle does for you. Pretty much everyone is cool with Adam Cole winning the AEW World Title now. Can you imagine that being the case a year or two ago? Even six months ago?

I was thinking about this a few weeks back. It wasn't even four months ago that he was involved in that shite Unsanctioned match with Jericho where Sabu randomly showed up. It feels like a lifetime ago.

You know how Cody Rhodes and Jericho were vital to the birth of AEW, but then the brand and Rhodes grew apart?  I think the same thing has happened to Jericho.  Perhaps he too would be best having one final WWE run.  He doesn't really fit AEW any more.

• Paid Members

Jericho can be fantastic still but it feels like we're at a point where he's worked everyone and done everything. I'd be happy if he transitioned to a fun lower card role a bit similar to Jeff Jarrett while taking a more prominent role in creative. Unfortunately he still thinks of himself as a top guy and has enough pull to book himself as one. 

• Paid Members

Watching back recent backstage skits of Orange Cassidy and Toni Storm, a really nice touch is how they’ve kept the mics up and you can hear the crowd genuinely laughing along with them. Makes everything feel organic and fun. Like a sitcom recorded in front of a live studio audience. A million miles from Michael Cole doing his loud, fake laugh over everything, regardless of how unfunny it is.

Sounds like the local promotion has resulted in a reasonable late surge of tickets for tonight’s show. Around 10,000 sold now. Should hopefully be enough to make the building look half decent using their usual smoke and mirrors. Further evidence that MJF is the guy. Throw him out there at the last minute to charm everyone and sell thousands of extra tickets. If his contract really does expire in 2024 then he’s gonna be able to name his price.

Good grief.

Some good wrestling, but more flashing red lights leaving that show than going in.

Eddie Kingston/Claudio was fun, I was really into it by the end but thought they showed the joins a few times. A few moments where their co-operation was super clear, which for a match like that where you just want them to whack each other was a bit of a shame.

Jericho/Guevara was good. Good ending and natural heel turn and realignment of Sammy with Callis.

I have no earthly idea what happened in Mox/Fenix. Mox clearly got hurt on the initial driver, and looked like he was happy to call the audible and take the three but Bryce didn’t get it. But if you’re willing to call the audible on your own title reign (i’m guessing it wasn’t intended, the way it all went down) after an injury from a particular move, it’s fucking weird for Fenix to scoop him up and hit the same move again. Just argue with the ref about his botched call and cover him again, no?

Looks like Mox just has a ‘minor concussion’ but weird, presumably improvised, ending. 

The Roddy Strong stuff has probably gone a bit too far for me now. It’s dragging the MJF/Cole story back into the mid-card.

Saraya/Storm was fun, but absolutely the wrong winner.

Main event was good… but eesh, that didn’t look good for Cole. He’s done himself a mischief jumping down to ringside and it seemed to get worst not better, so unlikely to be something he can just shake off.

If Mox/Cole have to lose any sort of meaningful time, that’s not great for AEW.

*edit*

Oh no…

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It's a credit to Eddie that he was still that over winning now when it was arguably too late. He's been hotter for sure but he's Eddie and people love him.

Nice moment for him but I was never that invested in his story with Claudio so that didn't help much. I get they've got history and Tony probably thinks it's an epic story knowing the indy fanboy he is but yeah.. that and it being ROH related took the shine off a bit. It's still Eddie and I still love the guy so I'm happy for him.

I’ve watched the Mox finish back a few times. Fuck me. It’s worked out just about alright, but that might be a contender for the most negligent sequence in a long, long time.

Everyone fucked up.

The ref should just count through, Mox and Fenix need to give their heads a shake for repeating the same piledriver that - in the moment - they thought could have caused a serious injury.

Really bad.